Thread: Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L motherboard requires hibernate using smart 6

Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L motherboard requires hibernate using smart 6

I have been using the gigabyte motherboard since I got my first computer. I didn’t change the model it because the gigabyte is one of my favorite. I heard that there are several features in this motherboard which I still don’t know yet. There is one question which is lacking in answer. How to I set my computer into hibernate by means of Smart6? I have seen it once via Windows 7 excluding I consideration it was earlier via Gigabytes software. Currently I am using gigabyte GA-P55-US3L motherboard? Please help me to solve this problem.

re: Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L motherboard requires hibernate using smart 6

I think that it is not able to hibernate your gigabyte motherboard. But still I suppose the quickest technique would be to modify the power switch going on the case on the way to formulate it hibernate when pushed (not seized clearly). But I am not sure about it and how otherwise why the software would enclose that alternative, despite the fact that.

First of all make sure that your motherboard has come with Smart6 software which comprises Quickboot.
    • Choose the Enable box underneath the BIOS QuickBoot otherwise OS QuickBoot thing and click Save to
    • BIOS Quick Boot cut downs hardware discovery instance throughout system boot-up if no device is inserted or swapped
    • OS QuickBoot permits the computer to go into S3 (standby)+S4 (hiberna¬tion) approach following a regular shutdown.
    • When signaled through a wake-up machine or incident, the system can recommence toward its functioning status precisely where it was gone off.

Open the command prompt in your PC and type powercfg -hibernate on. This will create hibernate file. Then reboot your PC for some settings get accomplished. If the hibernation file dig up erased or stimulated otherwise corrupted by some means, you must struggle playing a tad further by means of the powercfg –hibernation. You can copy the hibernation file from other OS like Windows Vista if you are using Windows 7.

I heard that the making use of Windows operation system in the direction of hibernate the computer departing on the way to be slower than use of Smart6, for the reason that I don’t notice Smart6 is functioning in the approved manner, seeing that at some point in a regular shutdown Windows obliges the shutdown of programs i.e. Firefox and Windows Live messenger.