Thread: How to disable the on-board VGA and enable pci-e

How to disable the on-board VGA and enable pci-e

I have Compaq Presario CQ5320F desktop pc. I had bought a new graphic card. It is ATI Radeon HD 4890. After installing the card on system I had connected the monitor. But there was no display. I through the cable was not proper. So bought a new one. But still the same issue. When I connect the monitor through VGA it works. But when I try to do the same by connecting my monitor on the gpu there is no display. I don't know to disable the vga port. How can I do that and set the pci as default.

You just have to go in the bios first. There you have to check on inside integrated peripheral I think. You can find the default display output. And there you can enable or disable the default output. I did this recently. I had enabled pci and able to get output on multiple monitors. Try that first. If this does not work then there are chances that you might having some issue with the pci slot. You have to change the cards location.

There no need to disable. You just have to set the settings on vga/pci. The system will auto detect the default output. It happens that sometime your gpu might not work. At that moment to troubleshoot you have need the vga enabled. You can find all the settings in the bios itself. So just check that once. You can also find the same detail in the bios manual. Ensure that the graphic card is installed and you are getting proper output.