Thread: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R requires CMOS settings as Failsafe ?

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R requires CMOS settings as Failsafe ?

I had bought a computer which is a desktop system around 2 year back, then I there was some sort of issue with my inbuild motherboard, so my cousin had asked me to replace it with a new one , so I did and again the new motherboard came up with some sort of issues . If you ask me about my system speculation I have got GA-X58A-UD3R mother board of Gigabyte , I use Intel Core i7-930 Processor and two RAM chips of 2 GB each of G.SKILL, bot h video card and chassis of thermal take and 60 GB SSD of OCZ, but my issue is some time I encounter BSOD and No post issue and it requires my CMOS settings as Failsafe, has any one got any sort of idea what can be wrong with my system . Please post back your comment on this issue.Should I change the motherboard?

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R requires CMOS settings as Failsafe ?

Well what it seems according to your issue that you have purchased a motherboard and it seems that it has turned out to be a faulty mother board, I have heard a lot of motherboard from the same manufacturer that have came up with a lot of issue, so if you have recently bought it , you can get it replaced as soon as as you are running under warranty , although I am certain but in case somehow if you get the resolution please do not forget to post back the solution.

Well if someone has not got my issue, I will be glad to repeat it again . there's a few comments regarding the Bluescreen error in this forums , but it looks like this motherboard has picked the both BSOD and No post explicitly , I had called the technical support, they some how helped me to get rid of the BSOD , but could not solve my POST problem as it does not complete POST sometime , so I have to reset the CMOS settings each and every time as fail safe, please help me to resolve this problem.

Well I have understood your issue , I think you have overclocked your processor , and attempted to change the current channel running in your system, if I am not wrong the Ram is setting back to the same default channel to 1066 , if you really want to get rid of this issue you will have to do a bit of changes in the BIOS , you will have to remove your BIOS settings , as it is set as "Optimzed defaults", I do not think it has anything to do with the motherboard.

Well there are a lot of people that are blaming the Gigabyte motherboard for no reason, it is such a fine motherboard, you will not trust me , I have been using the system board of the some maker since 2 years without a single issue, now I can tell you what could have happen with you as it happens with most of the people who have got the same motherboard , what they do they connect some or usb drive and do all the changes in the BIOS setting and CMOS settings , so I will ask you to check your USB ports both in the front port and the rear port, you might have forgot some of the USB device such as card reader or a flash drive. Please tell me if you find your resolution.