Thread: Gigabyte P55 UD3 fan not working

Gigabyte P55 UD3 fan not working

I have installed the motherboard Gigabyte P55 UD3 with an Intel i5 750 and everything works fine. However, changing the speed is not my CPU fan. He has only three contacts. According to 1500 revolutions Speedfan stay there, the test with Prime95, the CPU is 80 degrees hot. According to Intel data sheet specification is 72 degrees and 100 degrees, it throttles. Do I have something in BIOS or install a driver so that the fan control work? Or do I need to buy a new fan with 4 pins.

Re: Gigabyte P55 UD3 fan not working

The pulse-width modulation (PWM) works only with the help of the 4th cable. become a fan with a 3pin-the only one potentionmeter (knobs) regulated. However, rest of the procedure is then done manually and it does not depend on temperature. if your fan is too loud, you can run it simply with 5v instead of 12v. then the cooling performance is significantly worse.

conclusion: if you want to have regulated the fan automatically, you must have a fan with 4 pins and your motherboard has the whole (also 4 pin connector for the CPU fan). I hope I have not increased the confusion ...

I have an MSI KT3 Ultra2 and modded in 80mm and an overclock too advanced I had to clear CMOS and then beep beep beep "cpu fan not detected. do you want to shutdown now?" but the fan worked fine and after several reboots it was detected.

PS: when it is do you want to shutdown?, You put yes. and reboot it will normally be detected.

I think you need to install the ASUS Fan Xpert since this application Intelligently allow users to adjust CPU Both The chassis fan speed and different ambient temperature According To, Which Is Caused by different climate conditions in different regions and system loading geography. Built-in Variety of Useful profiles offer flexible controls of fan speed to Achieve a quiet and cool environment.

The problem is quiet simple and i think its because either the connector used by the fan is not working or dead. Secondly i would advice you check with another connector from your power supply there may be some extra connectors which is not used by the other device. Finally if the connector is not solving the issue then you will have to get a new fan. Hopefully the problem will be fixed.