Thread: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P Memory Problem

Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P Memory Problem

I'm using the computer of a buddy with a problem I do not get any further. As his old board (MSI what I know ) Absolutely do not want to run with his GTX 295 we have today bought a Gigabyte MA790X-UD3P. Now this also with only the Memory will not run to 1066 but only to 800 I've Already changed the voltage manually, but also eased the computer but to no avail it either starts in safe mode or not equal more. I've Already tried all possible slots, and only one bolt, but the memory is accessible only to 800.

On the memory it can not lie to have the test in my computer built and as it ran through without problems. Could it be that it is a CPU Phenom X3 8450 (to be replaced by the end of the year) built in, know me at AMD not as good as before. Hope you can help me!

Re: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P Memory Problem

I think you will have to set the divider different. Ganged unganged and means associated RAM and separate response, which work in two separate 64-bit mode unganged DCT (DRAM controller), the application can be obtained much faster with two or more CPU cores. In contrast, profit in the simple 128-bit ganged mode, the so-called simple single threaded applications that fall but specifically in the context of the new multi-core processors (dual, triple, quad, etc. Core) significantly (ganged way, is the requirement of the ECC error correction)

These can be ganged together either "quad-mode to a single memory controller connected to" in which as a conventional dual-channel memory controller with 128-bit width to the memory accesses will. On the other hand, the two memory controllers as well as "independent" or "unganged 'work, allowing simultaneous access to memory by the cores of the Phenom, but then with only 64 bits wide.

So what can we say finally? It clearly shows that the AMD DDR2 RAM has given wings once more. Especially the unganged fashion? it is used for - the memory throughput is driving to new heights, of course, no merit of RAM but the AMD memory controller. It is clear that the RAM has to sweat in a review on AMD in ganged mode, obviously, because he has to pay you more. Or the other way around - as we do in our Intel RAM tests have already shown - on a standard Intel system will not take DDR2 to 1066 to its limits. Exactly that is different on the new AMD system, show you have DDR2 Ram 1066er really what it's made ..