Thread: Asus p5ld2 motherboard compatibility

Asus p5ld2 motherboard compatibility

I intend to buy a new computer with the following features and would like to know your opinion as to the compatibility of components:
    • ASUS P5LD2 MOTHERBOARD
    • Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 - 4MB Cache - 2.33 GHz - 1333MHz FSB
    • 2Gb RAM - 667 MHz Kingstone
    • DISCO 500GB SATAII
    • VGA MSI GF NX8500GT 512MB Silent DDR2 1XDVI 1XTV-OUT PCI-E

My main issue is compatibility with the motherboard processor in the motherboard according to the characteristics of the manufacturer supports a 1066MHz FSB and the processor has a FSB of 1333Mhz. Is it compatible? Is the bus speed of the processor will not be fully used? Does the difference in performance is significant? Could I then make an update to the motherboard to switch to support 1333MHz FSB. Thank you for the help I can give. which other motherboard will you suggest.

Re: Asus p5ld2 motherboard compatibility

It appears as you have not noticed, how you want a CPU with FSB 1333, the P5LD2 as of 1066 does not support it, you have to necessarily buy a board with a 1333mhz fsb natives. Overclocking is another conversation, but my recommendation is you have a system default and stable and only thereafter modify the settings. As for the graphics, I recommend asus, evga for nvidia. Note that the 8500GT is fraquita to play, especially the 512MB version, the memories are almost certainly slower than Version 256mb The 800mhz ram you could get the price difference is so little and the performance is better.

Thank you for your help. I already have the pc and it seems to me to be very good level of performance. how much will I opted for a graphics card asus yes. and chose the Asus GF EN8500GT 512MB. This computer will be more for image processing and not for games so I think this board arrives. I also thought of putting ram 800mhz (like make it spoken) and intel core 2 duo E6750 because the price difference is not great but I had to impose a limit because little by little, this improvement is here and that there and when we realize the budget shoots up over there (and I've exceeded my budget enough.

That would interest me also .. both have the same amount of cache (2x4MB) of QX is even higher, and important for Intel, FSB of 1333, the xenon models currently with 1066th. But just to show the board what you have for a Board Revision (available somewhere on the board, usually between the PCI sites or right below) and which Bios. The CPUs run until Board Revision 1.1 and bios version 1.6

The limitation of the P5LD2 is the same fsb (the experience). The P5K already have another look and obviously supports a superior range of processors. Although it will be running without problems and I would rather put me on your craft on what basis would buy a xeon. So the motherboard is just good enough if you do not use your system for gaming and other processes which utilizes graphics.