Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Sometimes blue screen at boot with MA770T-UD3

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 08-01-2011

Sometimes blue screen at boot with MA770T-UD3

Here are the components. Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770-ud3 Rev.1.4 With new bios version F8. Processor: AMD Athlon 3.0GHz x4 640 non overclocked Max temperature in Win 40 degrees. DDR 3 Ram OCZ 2x2GB low voltage 1333 v 1.65 in ganged mode. Graphic Card I've taken over from the old system and has previously always works: Sparkle Geforce 8800 GT 512MB passive cooling.
Hard drives from old system. System disk is 320 gb sata samsung. Power supply is strong enough watt 650 or so I've got is I think a quite. The old components are working properly. So the times were the components I hope it is enough.

For the actual error:

When I start the PC then he goes to the windows boot screen up and then the blue screen blue screen.

Old 08-01-2011

Re: Sometimes blue screen at boot with MA770T-UD3

According to your description, the problem is with the RAM, or on a cold boot bug. In this connect, the error (usually) only the first start, when the PC was a long period of time (cold start). After a (sometimes several) start (s) on the switch housing then runs everything perfectly. Let memtest86 + run directly after a cold start. It will be certainly shown a lot of mistakes. Switch the PC on the housing switch off and back on and let run Memtest86 + again. You should now get no errors.
Old 08-01-2011

Most probably it is because of the cold boot bug, there is only one way to advertise, namely the RAM. In addition you can upload pictures of Memtest-test (with errors) do after a cold start and settle the claim. Test the RAM still in the "Unganged" mode, with a 2T command rate and with reduced frequency (1066) . The 4-pin power connector is sufficient for your processor.
Old 08-01-2011

Gigabyte site will not tell you all the RAM compatible, they can not test them all, there are too many. the best is yet to choose a brand G-Skill, Corsair, Kingston, Crucial, and go to his site to indicate the motherboard and it will give you a list of compatible RAM. GA-770TA-UD3 is very recent, if not in the list of manufacturer of RAM, uses a different reference without the A-type GA A770T-UD3 GA-or-UD3P MA770T. So replace the RAM and check.
Old 08-01-2011

Sounds like you have been facing this problem because of the dust that must have accumulated near the processor fan. So i would advice you to remove the dust particles from the fan and remove and finally reinstall the processor. If the problem is still then try updating the BIOS of your system hope that this will definitely help you to get this error resolved.
Old 08-01-2011

Why you do not reduce the voltage of the memory in the bios. It 1.6 v minimum when it is advisable to 1.5V mine. I'm afraid that that is the cause of my crashes that keep coming more and more often with BSOD errors which appear related to the memory. You can even put your 1.5 v to 1.7 v it will fit. It is the official standard that says 1.5v for DDR3, thereafter, each manufacturer is doing what it needed.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , ,