Thread: USB device not visible in BIOS having Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R

USB device not visible in BIOS having Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R

I have got a desktop computer, I am using windows 7 operating system in it and have an Intel core 2 duo processor installed in it , I recently purchased Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R motherboard, but after some days it came up with some issues with the motherboard, after a few days I had installed it my USB device was not visible in the BIOS, if any one knows how I can get it visible please let me know , I will appreciate .

Re: USB device not visible in BIOS having Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R

Well if you ask me I think you need to enable USB Storage Function in the BIOS or else your USB device will not get detected unless Windows loads drivers for it. You can also attempt using the smallest capacity drive you have as from time to time the larger drives give problems.If you bear in mind properly to backup the BIOS profile you should have the boot drive on SATA2_0.

I have too been trying to to do the same thing in my system , I am infact trying to update my bios this evening but later on could not see the USB , in my case everything was witched on and I could clearly see the drives of the USB clearly , so I would ask you to do the same thing , I would also ask you the question and see can you update your bios profile , you can update your bios using @bios utility.

Well it happens sometime that you deduce and find the root but the reason is something else. Well I think the device you are trying to connect in as the USB device might be corrupted, this may be the reason why the device is not visible in the BIOS settings , so to check whether the device is functioning properly you can connect it to some other system and see that if it works fine.