Thread: Possible GA-MA770T-UD3 difficulty

Possible GA-MA770T-UD3 difficulty

Just assembled myself a novel system and having troubles with it. It is the below spec:
    1. Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3
    2. AMD Athlon II X2 260 with retail HSF
    3. 550w Antec Basiq PSU
    4. Cooler master Centurion 5 II case

The system assemble went well but the troubles happening while I got to power on. It booted perfectly numerous times at first. I went into the BIOS to make certain the whole thing was recognized okay that it was. Memory, HD's, CPU, and so on all spotted excellent. CPU temperature was concerning 40 C. I left it running for about 10 minutes as I was excavated out my Windows CD and after that went to reboot it to begin installing Windows but the system won't boot correctly now. All that occurs now is the fans rotate up on the CPU, Case, and VGA card. I receive no beeps and no VGA display. I have attempted removal memory, VGA card, HD's and so on but still receive no beeps and still won't post. I have attempted resetting the CPU. Experimented VGA card in another computer and that is okay. Reset the BIOS by utilizing the jumper in the clear BIOS pins but that prepared no dissimilarity. Detached BIOS battery for 40 minutes and that made no dissimilarity. I don’t know what actually the fault is. Anyone have any idea regarding this then please provide me, please let me know what mistake I have made.

Re: Possible GA-MA770T-UD3 difficulty

The whole thing working excellent until you switches on the power. All teasing apart it sounds like the whole thing was ok to start with and after that at long last something occurred. Generally that would compose me assume of overheating somewhere. The initial place to check if you are utilizing the stock cooler is to make certain all the connections are firm and it is placed correctly with the fan turning as usual. Make certain the whole thing considers cool to the touch. Are the case fans, CPU fan, PSU fan, and so on all functioning?

The CPU heatsink was quite cool to the lay a hand on. That is the outlandish thing to me. It was all functioning to start with. It just appears that anything I change or do the result is the similar with no post, beeps and display. Every fan rotated up on CPU, VGA, and case. The HD's rotate up too. The DVD drive tray works too. What I have observed is that one time you powered the system up; you have to hold the power key in for a moment to power it off once more. It is just done this since this boot problem.

The holding the power button in to shut down is only a BIOS setting. I would recommend I begin by defrayal the CMOS and loading the Optimized BIOS Defaults. That will put me back on a level playing pasture to begin with. Make any other modification like the boot order and disabling the floppy drive to suit you and after that push F10 to save and exit.

I see somewhere that someone gives some comment on the same problem that: I think I would be more contented if the heatsink was fairly warm. That would imply there is warmth move from the CPU to the Heat sink. I know this sounds quite weird but it makes logic to me. It is nice point but if the OP has just had it on momentarily it might not be that dissimilar. While you installed the heatsink did you have to eliminate any plastic wrap on the thermal paste below?