Thread: Is OCZ DDR3 compatible with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5

Is OCZ DDR3 compatible with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5

I thought of upgrading the system of mine and hence for that I bought Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard. In addition to that I have RAM from OCZ DDR3 and to be precised I have OCZ3G2000LV6GK. Now the thing is that I want to have the 12GB here. When I try to go with this I have seen that the system really cannot be stable here. Is there really anything that I can try here for? I have seen that the system here is pretty much unstable here. Is it really possible here? Please let me know if there is anything that can be done here. Any help in the matter will be appreciated.

Re: Is OCZ DDR3 compatible with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5

Well on the suggestion if you want to try you can definitely try to run MEMTEST and see if you can pass this test here. Try to make the pairs and then RUN accordingly. First check with the single sticks of RAM and if that passes then you can go with pairs and then in the group of three. If you will get this running then you can go with the six six GB sticks and finally go for the twelve GB. Run the test and then let me know if you were able to get this working here. This is really the first step that you should go with and if you are successful then only you will be able to have this working in your case.

Please check the Processor here and then try to go with this. I have seen that this STICK of RAM is for Intel Core i7 processor. On Core i7 you will be able to get triple channel mode working here. So if you have the Core i7 in your case then you will be in the position to enjoy the 6GB in triple channel mode or else you are bound to get yourself in trouble here. It is not like that you will not be able to enjoy this but the only thing that you will be requiring to have is processor of that caliber. In addition to that you will have to run MEMTEST as well here.

You have asked for the 12Gb and let me tell you that in your case it is really not possible. I have read the specifications and I have seen that this will only work when they are used on Core i7 and that too it will be able to function in the appropriate manner when the RAM sticks will be of 6GB and not more than this. So if at all you are expecting to get 12GB then I would say that it is really impossible here. Hope that you must have understood the point here.

I also want to try this and let me tell you that before making my post in this case I had tried to run Memtest and I had seen that all the RAM stick passed the test when they were installed in the single manner. Even they pass Memtest when they were combined in the group of two and three but when I went to go with the bunch of SIX I saw that it was not at all able to pass this test there. I do not agree to the reason that you have given; I am pretty sure that you all here will let me know the way by which I will be able to get this thing working in some manner.

Well speaking frankly as per the specifications that have been mentioned below. I have seen that it is not possible and hence you might be getting the Memtest failed here. Actually the case if that there is much more load on the memory controller and hence you are getting the 6GB working but when it comes to 12 GB you are not able to get the things working. You will be required to have a little more memory voltage. Please while doing this make sure that you do not make the system unstable. Please ask some of your friends in this. Please let me get notified about the same. Also let me tell you that the RAM stick OCZ DDR3 is compatible with the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 but some restrictions as mentioned in the above posts.