Thread: System dead after upgrading AMD 7850 on MA78GM-US2H motherboard

System dead after upgrading AMD 7850 on MA78GM-US2H motherboard

I have a MA78GM-US2H motherboard and I just improved the CPU from an AMD 7850 Black Edition to a Phenom 9850 Black edition. The whole thing went fine apart from at first windows 7 would just read 2 cores, so I installed a program called EasyBCD and altered the settings to quad core, after that removed BCD. The trouble is since then I can obtain the PC to sleep but while I go to restart, the monitor won't start in any way. I have attempted each setting recognized to man with the BIOS and the power profile and I motionlessly have the trouble. So I am wondering if anybody else has knowledgeable this trouble and if it is windows or the motherboard's mistake. As well has anybody every figure out how to repair it. Like I said I have attempted each possible thing that is ever been posted or tested and I am confused.

Re: System dead after upgrading AMD 7850 on MA78GM-US2H motherboard

I have not at all utilized EasyBCD later than altering CPU's. I one time altered out an E6300 for a Q6600. Later than the change I just removed the CPU's in device manager and booted again. Since the CPU's were alike it functioned immense. It might be worth an attempt? Attempt it at your own risk though. Novel video drivers are multi-threaded. It is possible the driver is freaking out. Attempt a reinstall of the drivers?

But I have place in novel drivers for the whole thing and still not anything. It is like the monitor is turned off but the humorous thing is that while I distorted the memory from S3 to S1 the PC won't shut down but the monitor sleep cycle works excellent. I guess I will do a whole format and reinstall afterward and make out if I can get it going that method. If you type in windows sleep mode troubles you will see it is in fact one of the countless of windows 7 troubles which emerge to have no ways out just a million ideas. Possibly Service Pack 2 or 3 or 4 will repair it.

I don't know if this will assist or not but, just try this: I as well have altered from a processor with some cores to one with more cores. The thing to look out for is if you have earlier set the PC to boot with say 4 cores into a 6 cope system. See the file where in Windows 7 you can tell Windows 7 how much cores to utilize. I initially had it set to boot with 4 cores and by golly that is accurately what it did. It is most excellent to leave this choice unchecked and let Windows 7 utilize what it discovers later than booting. It does not speed the boot up greatly at all and it is simple to overlook what you have made. When I do not have the similar system as you, mine does hold S3 sleep correctly out of the box. Not like my previous MSI system that was S1 out of the box and I had to tweak things to get it to effort.

I just newly get assemble PC and I also infected with the similar issue. I searched on the many forums, I also done the googling and lots of other stuff. But I cannot come out from this unknown issue. While I am visiting this forum, I just found the perfect and useful solution. After seeing this all comments and information I my own repaired my PC, there is no need for any hardware engineer and all. I must say thanks to every one for this information.