Thread: Coil Whine on Gigabyte X58A-UD5

Coil Whine on Gigabyte X58A-UD5

Recently purchased this motherboard for my system and I am pretty much satisfied with the decision here. Now the only thing that is bothering me here is Coil Whine that I am getting here. I have noticed that I am getting very infuriating Coil Whine here. When I go to check the system I have noticed that it is very much silent here. The design here is also such that the noise can be lowered. I have mostly seen the issue when I try to use the power saving features. Please let me know if any one is having such issue and has some sort of solution in this case here. Will I have to go with new BIOS that is available or is there something that I will be able to fetch from within the system itself. I have Windows 7 64 bit running here.

Re: Coil Whine on Gigabyte X58A-UD5

I have seen that the issue that you are having here can be simply solved if you can just have the updated BIOS. Well let me tell you that this type of issue can be simply handled with this simple step. Please run the BIOS update and see if you can get rid of the irritating sound that you are getting from the Motherboard. If that solves the issue then let me tell you that it is well and good and if yet you do not see the solution in this case then it will be great if you can take motherboard to the Gigabyte Service Center and see if they can take care of this issue there.

Looking at the scenario that you have presented let me tell you that you must be using some power saving states so that you can enable power saving. I have seen that in most of the cases C1E is deployed. Well if that is the same thing in your case then let me tell you that you can go with the BIOS update as mentioned in the above post but I am also doubtful if you will be able to deploy C1E here in this case. For sure you can give this a hit and please after trying this let me get notified about the result of this HIT. Hope that you will get rid of Coil Whine with one go.

You need to be clear on Coil Whine; so please read this and see if you can get some solution from my post here. Basically Coli Whine is automatic resonance of the coil. And let me tell you that from this coil frequency of the signal passes. In reality a coil is circle of wire and has a hub not having air. When the frequency of the signal gets in tone in accordance of physical wires of the coil it will start to vibrate. Well it is not usually heard and when it is heard that is termed as Coil Whine. So the issue can be in any part of the system and I would like you to locate the part having the issue and then let me know about the same in the next post of yours. You can use the paper tube and can try to see where the problem is in reality.

I am of the opinion that there must be some issue with the PUS and you need to have a check on the same here. If at all you want you can see if you can get a cheap PSU and then see if that can come as a remedy in your case. I had the issue here and was able to get out of with this replacement. See if you can get something in that manner at the cheapest rate. In my case I had the PSU that was high on the feature when compared with the costlier PSU; but was having efficiency bit low it was about 70-75%. Please let me know if what I have seen is correct in your case as well. Well there is nothing that can be solved after installing the drivers here as it is clearly the issue of hardware. I am sure that you will be able to get rid of the issue soon.

Well let me tell you that I have seen that the newer version of the Motherboard is on the go and it will be great if you can have that inside your system and then let me know about the same here. See if you can get this swapped or can have the replacement done here. See if the replacement can be made here. Hope that you will be able to get this update at a cheaper rate here. You can go with Gigabyte X58A-UD5 rev 2 if you are having Gigabyte X58A-UD5 rev 1. I am not sure but I think that it will serve you in a better manner. Let me get notified about the same.