Thread: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R DMI Data pool

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R DMI Data pool

I am having only one question related to the DMI data pool process that takes around 30 second for completing. Now I want to know that, is this thing perfect or not. Because my friend said that it is taking too much time for completing this DMI Data pool. I know that without knowing system configuration you can provide relevant answer for this problem. Hence here is the system configuration. Operating system that I am using is windows 7, processor is core i7 and the mother board is Gigabyte X58A UD3R Bios FB. Now you have the idea about the system configuration and the problem I am facing, now I need a solution for that.

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R DMI Data pool

There is nothing you should worry about. As per your system configuration the time it is taking for DMI data pool process is a little longer but there won’t be any problem, if it is taking 30 seconds for completing. If you want you can minimize that by disabling things that are not in use, for example your floppy drive. I am sure that in any case you won’t be using any floppy drive in your system. Disabling these things will definitely reduce the time it is taking for you DMI pool test. I hope that this will definitely solve the doubt that you are having. If you are having any other issue then do let me know, I will try clear that also.

If it completes boot processes in less than 30 seconds then it is ok but if you are saying that only DMI pool test process is taking more than 30 seconds then there is a reason to worry for you, because only DMI pool test should not take that much amount of time. Well the thing you can do is to set your hard drive as the first boot device and after that set the CD ROM and leave empty the third section that you are having. I am sure that there is something that is causing problem in your and you are taking that much amount of time for DMI pool.

Well the thing as that DMI verification is taking around 30 seconds not the complete booting process. It means that there is a reason for me to worry. As you have suggested I will change the boot settings, first the hard drive and the next one cd rom. One more thing I forget to mention here is that monitor is taking too much time for sending signal. First it is checking HDMI, analog and after that digital and then it is activated. If you have any other trick related to this then do let me know about that, I am ready to implement it to reduce the DMI verification.

I think that I am also facing similar kind of issue, my BIOS is taking too much time for checking the DMI pool data. The thing is that first line of dot appears very quick but the next line of dot is taking too much time. The thing I have observed that the AHCI is causing too much delay hence AHCI is the main culprit. As it is suggested in the above reply that set the hard disk as first boot device and CD ROM as the second boot device, I have done the same. I am not worried why this thing is taking too much time but I am worried about the future perspective.

It is good that you have reconfigured the system as per the requirement. I mean to say that putting the Hard disk at the first boot device and then the CD ROM. This will definitely reduce your boot time. But if you are not booting the system regularly then this should not be a topic to worry about. For future perspective we cannot say anything. It totally depends how you use the system, if you are using this thing in correct manner then you will not get any issue in future. I hope that this has help you, if you have any other issue then let me know about that.