Thread: What is causing problem Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R or power supply

What is causing problem Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R or power supply

I am facing little weird problem with my computer, actually the thing is that I have chosen the corsair power supply to use it with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R mother board. I have configured everything perfectly but after that I am facing a strange squeaking noise and weird thing is that this sound is coming when computer is off. I think that this problem is because of some kind of capacitor. See I am not having too much technical knowledge but having an average knowledge. On the bases of my knowledge I have discovered that the problem is related to mother board or the power supply that I am using in my system but do not know who is the main culprit. If anyone have any idea related to this problem or any solution for this problem then it will be really good for me.

Re: What is causing problem Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R or power supply

I have understood that you are facing problem but it is really difficult to say which part is causing problem. You can try to do following experiment for checking you power supply. Remove the power supply from the main after that you need to unplug the 24 pin power cables with the 12V power cables off the motherboard and then you have to plug the power supply again. If you observe the same thing then the culprit is your power supply and not the mother board. Hence there is no need to say you have to replace you power supply for solving the problem you are facing. I am sure that this reply will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

Thank you for the quick response that you have given. As per your suggestion I have changed the power supply that I was using. I have replaced the power supply with the identical model. But sorry to say this that the problem remains unchanged. I am able to here the fan pulsing, and the thing is that if I have unplugged this thing last night. Now I am thinking that I will have to RMA the board that I am having. But trying this thing is really risky. If you have any other suggestion then let me know about that, I ready to do another experiment with my power supply and the mother board that I am having.

I am really confused with the kind of problem that you are facing. If you have unplugged the power supply then from where it is getting it’s power for pulsing the fan. As per my knowledge the biggest power supply that you can use discharge itself in the span of minutes. I mean to say that the power supply will discharge itself in the matter of minutes. Now I am thinking that you are fool or making us fool because if you have removed the power supply then from where it is getting power to pulse the fan. It will better if you clearly describe the problem that you are facing.

I am not trying to fool you and one more thing I am not a fool. I also want to know what is causing the problem. If I have unplugged the power supply then also fan is working. I not able to understand from where the fan is getting the power, because the only source of power left after unplugging the power supply is the CMOS battery. But in any case this battery cannot provide this much amount of power. I am also having the idea that practically it is not possible but trust me I am facing this problem from last week and till now; I have not found any solution for this problem.

I think that you computer system requires exorcism, might be ghost is causing this problem. Jokes apart, it clear that your problem is weird and you have not got any solution for that. Now try to do this experiment to solve the problem you are facing. Unplug the power supply check for the fan noise and if it is coming then try to start your computer system. I am suggesting this solution because if there is any power left in your system then rebooting your system will consume all the left power in your system. See technically this is not the perfect solution for the problem you are facing but logically this can help you get rid of the problem.