Thread: Does there is a raid support for GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5

Does there is a raid support for GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5

Just ordered a new computer from iBuyPower with GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5, 12 GB memory as well as a entire bunch of goodies. The delivery is estimated in 8-11 days. For now, I have downloaded the motherboard manual as well as I am reading it from cover to cover, wallowing in expectation. I plan to insert two 2 TB drives as well as configure them as RAID1 . This would be my opening time with RAIDS of any sort. I have 2 questions:
    1. If, for some cause, my BIOS gets hosed as well as I have to revert to the backup BIOS with default settings, how will get back to the method I was with my RAID1?. How do I regain to my RAID1 configuration if/while I have to re-configure the BIOS?
    2. Does the motherboard come with any usefulness to monitor the health of my drives on a unbroken basis?

Re: Does there is a raid support for GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5

The entire point of running a RAID1 array is that if whatever thing occurs to one of the disks the data will still be undamaged as well as working on the second drive. Still if you did BIOS flash or something that resulted in your having to begin from a fresh BIOS installation you would merely go into your RAID configuration before booting into the operating system. The motherboard does sustain SMART verifying.

WD Blacks in RAID0 on the ICHR10 is working just fine for me? Power computing applications Like multimedia, video as well as photo editing, plus maxed out gaming PCs. Desktop / Consumer RAID surroundings - WD Caviar Black Hard Drives are checked as well as suggested for utilize in consumer-type RAID applications .may this information will help you to solve your issue.

Business Critical RAID surroundings. WD Caviar Black Hard Drives are not suggested for plus are not necessary for utilize in RAID environments using Enterprise HBAs as well as expanders plus in multi-bay chassis, as they are not planned for, nor checked in, these exact types of RAID applications. For the entire Business Critical RAID applications, please believe WD's Enterprise Hard Drives that are particularly planned with RAID-specific and time-limited error recovery are checked expansively in RAID applications, as well as contain features like enhanced RAFF technology plus thermal extended burn-in checking.