Thread: HP Compaq dc7100 CMT: Impossible to enter BIOS

HP Compaq dc7100 CMT: Impossible to enter BIOS

I have a HP Compaq dc7100 CMT desktop computer. It is impossible for me to enter into the BIOS. The computer freezes on the HP logo. When I press F10, I can see the message saying "Entering Setup" but then it freezes. It was running perfectly OK previously with Windows XP and Ubuntu in dual boot. I also tried to boot from CD but it doesn't. I checked the ram, hard drive and dvd drive connections but nothing found unusual. I tried using the same hard drive on another computer and it worked great on that. Reset the CMOS battery but still the same problem. Is anyone there who knows about this and can help me in this matter?

Re: HP Compaq dc7100 CMT: Impossible to enter BIOS

I think you need to format your hard drive since it is corrupted. However you can first check if it works by removing all the card from your PCI slots except the main video card that you might need into your motherboard to get the display. If it is not require, since you have onboard video, then do remove it and see if you are able to boot Windows. If you still have the problem then take your hard drive onto another computer and delete all the partition that you have currently on it. You will be allowed to take the backup. Once done, install it on your computer and see if it works.

Did you tried removing the TPM from your motherboard? It is basically located on the right hand side of the motherboard. The exact place is under the drive bay on the right hand side of the computer. The system boot files have been corrupted. So you need to recover the system by removing the TPM module and then installing the operating system once again. Also remove the disk and then try to flash the bios.

Can you hear any beep sound before starting? Kindly note the following beep sequence to know what is the actual problem:

1 short beep and 1 long beep: Memory problem
    2 short beeps and 1 long beep (repeats 5 times): Unable to initialize video or video card required but not installed
    3 short beeps and 1 long beep: CPU configuration error or CPU type is not compatible

If you hear the following beep codes when entering into the BIOS or while restoring, flashing or updating the BIOS then;

1 short beep: Legacy floppy drive or CD/DVD drive not detected
    2 short beeps: Floppy disk or compact disc not detected
    3 short beeps: Unable to start flashing (such as when missing a utility or BIOS image)
    4 short beeps: Flashing failed (checksum error, corrupted image, etc.)
    5 short beeps: BIOS recovery successful

It's not always the 'F10' key to get into the BIOS setup, you should try other options also, so did you tried other options instead. There are generally various ways to enter into the BIOS Setup. You should also try out F1, F2 or DEL. When the PC starts you normally get a message at the bottom during boot-up, saying something like "To enter BIOS press yyy" where yyy is the actual key you need to press.

ThumbsUp Re: HP Compaq dc7100 CMT: Impossible to enter BIOS

salut
    ma poti ajutasi pe mine sa descarc drivere pentru acest PC ?
    s au ai cumva driverele lui ?
    uite ID ul meu
    dany_23web
    0729 940 294

HP Compaq DC7100 CMT

Quote Originally Posted by dany_23web View Post
    salut
    ma poti ajutasi pe mine sa descarc drivere pentru acest PC ?
    s au ai cumva driverele lui ?
    uite ID ul meu
    dany_23web
    0729 940 294

HP Compaq DC7100 CMT
    First of all, you need to write all your queries in English Language because as you can see, this is an english forum. Secondly, from what I can understand, if you are facing similar kind of problem that is being asked in this thread then have you tried to follow the suggestions given below:

Did you tried removing the TPM from your motherboard? It is basically located on the right hand side of the motherboard. The exact place is under the drive bay on the right hand side of the computer. The system boot files have been corrupted. So you need to recover the system by removing the TPM module and then installing the operating system once again. Also remove the disk and then try to flash the bios.