Thread: Unable to increase RAM speed in Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard

Unable to increase RAM speed in Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard

One of the explanation advertising tips that obtained me was this. I was departing to scuttle an AM3 processor through DDR3. I was leaving to be capable to scuttle my memory by the side of 2000 MHz. The humorous obsession is that positive awaiting a pair months before the gigabyte web site at rest had the memory diagram awake asserting that their motherboards could now operate RAM at 2000 MHz +. At the present I discover the forums and come across that I'm fortune to at least acquire 1600 MHz. The specs are as follows.
    • CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 BE,
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H,
    • PSU: Estasis 850 Watt,
    • Memory: Kingston and G.Skill DDR3-1600 x 8GB,
    • GPU: Dual XFX HD5770s ,
    • HDD: 2 x Maxtor 500 gig SATA 2

Re: Unable to increase RAM speed in Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard

First of all I tell you do not guilt Gigabyte, blame AMD as well as the AM3 structural design. You may able to run memory at 2000MHz lying on various boards like publicized, except you will necessitate to apply simply two sticks of RAM (1 for each memory slot) and be equipped in favor of the memory controller, that is constructed inside the AMD processor's not the boards, to renounce the ghoul. Seeing that by a way of each and every one thing, when it approaches to overclocking, you should do it at your own hazard.

This is not about the gigabyte problem in addition to it is not presently restricted to AMD moreover because we have got similar problems with Intel computers. It stalks on or after the reality that the no more than acknowledged principles for DDR3 are 1066MHZ and 1333MHZ. Therefore each and every one processor's are prepared intended for these speeds of memory. We have had computers running with memory rate in surplus of 2000 MHz. However it receives point in time, exertion and follows a line of investigation to obtain these speeds in the midst of steadiness.

A number of populace are having enormous accomplishment by means of the G-Skill "Flare" RAM. This according to the grapevine is premeditated exclusively designed for the AMD podium. On the other hand at the same time as until that time affirmed the IMC resting on the processor may not similar to it meant for excessively time-consuming. While in the midst of the majority effects if you thrust toward durable they smash.