Thread: Does SB850 can create a JBOD

Does SB850 can create a JBOD

Does anybody be familiar with if the SB850 can generate a JBOD array as of a fresh hard drive and an accessible hard drive with no wipe out the data on the accessible drive in the procedure? In general I wouldn't mind but in this container the accessible drive is my system drive. I have been by means of an OCZ Agility 2 SSD as my scheme drive intended for the past 6 months however it's immediately turn out to be as well space preventive so I pinch another only on Black Friday and required to RAID them mutually as a JBOD to create for one 128GB disk. As a sideways, I'm conscious that by means of RAID arrays I don't obtain TRIM instructions approved on the way to the SSD. Though, that's previously the case since I've been recommendation that because I'm previously with the SB850 to manage one more RAID mirror collection, I'm well again inedible having NCQ than TRIM. As such I have put SATA 4/5 place to "As SATA Type" within the BIOS. Is the agreement at this time as well that if one have to decide TRIM or NCQ, particularly meant for an OS drive, you be supposed to go away by means of NCQ?

Re: Does SB850 can create a JBOD

A JBOD does not performance, but in here you can backup files are still save the data from a disk. First record of the death of the network means that but usually the total loss JBOD has one great advantage: Most of the controllers can JBOD Dissolve coalescing and easily. (As long as the original order is maintained) Often you can even add a plate and the other data remain the same. For other RAID modes that is usually only for hardware RAID or extremely slow.

Has anyone of you experience with RAID up on Windows 7? I have been trying unsuccessfully for some time to build a RAID 4x1TB hard drives, a RAID setup is apparently limited to 2TB total, or is there a trick? My motherboard is a Gigabyte UD3 890GPA-drive currently only 2TB Raid 0, 2x WD 650 GB WD u.2x 1002FAEX, 1TB, if I understood your explanation to my problem correctly, it is probably mainly due to the on-board Raid Controllers.

Raid controller for composite should have what cost 200-300 dollars Hard drives are also suitable for Raid, WD RE3, or RE4.RAID-specific time limited error recovery Prevents drive fallout caused by the extended error recovery processes common to desktop drives. This then made a clever Sata Raid Controller PCI-e base it is expensive.

In no case RAID5. The rest is a test value. RAID10 is a good compromise between performance and availability. With parity RAID to software RAID is an absurdity. Parity RAID with hardware RAID without battery backup unit is just as bad and are calculated at a RAID with parity must log the data, can be restored with the help in the event of a disk (RAID 5), the original data. With software RAID calculates this data at your CPU. Your CPU properly credited for sure, but your system could go unstable and the calculated data in RAM are damaged or communications CPU> RAM. In order for the RAID 5 then you notice most is clinically dead until a rebuild is necessary.

A RAID controller is calculated with its own memory, the parity information used independently. Here sit the risk of tipping almost zero bits. The built-up memory and the XOR engine to recognize this controller and correct bit errors independently. Also sc reined there on the basis of the closed system to virtually never bit errors. No battery, but then still nasty. If the computer crashes or the power goes out, it can happen if the RAID controller has just written something on the boards that the parity information was not written completely or at all. The raid would be so corrupt. With a battery for the controller, however the data remains that received from the controller already buffered in the operating system's RAM. Bouncing off the computer then up the controller can write the uncommitted data from its memory directly on the plates.