Thread: GIGABYTE On/Off Charge feature is not shutting off my computer

GIGABYTE On/Off Charge feature is not shutting off my computer

I thought that the GIGABYTE On/Off Charge attribute will be goo so I gave it a try. Following installing this feature, I observed a numeral of odd effects happen.
    • I installed a program called "Update Manager 32-bit" and what is actually bizarre regarding this, it emerges inside my control panel, however not in Add/Remove Program Manager.
    • My computer is not turning off properly now.

Is it the cause of my Enermax Infiniti 720 PSU? This PSU has a extraordinary utility called "Cool Guard" which affects computer Fans, CPU Fan, etc. on the way to keep running in support of 1-3 minutes even after shut down of the computer. Can anyone help about those issues? The computer will not shutdown properly until take the while power out.

Re: GIGABYTE On/Off Charge feature is not shutting off my computer

I think that there might be some unique feature in your PSU which is not only running the Fans for 1-3 minutes but even further. Otherwise it is not just stopping its functionality unless you cut the power to it. My concern I think that this feature is very useful in order to keep your computer cool and healthy. Of course, it also increases the system lifetime. Why don’t you worry about if the Fans are still spinning? Just make sure that there is nothing in the monitor and also ensure that the hardware and other major peripherals not in the progress. Other than CoolGuard, I heard there is also one more feature called "Power Guard." It might be affecting your computer but I don’t have much information about this.

I think that you are not completely aware about the GIGABYTE On/Off Charge. Are you really aware about this feature? If not then here is the detail. The GIGABYTE On/Off Charge feature meant for only Gigabyte motherboards. This feature and unique quality to charge any kind of device like ipad, iphone or itouch or any other which needs USB power supply. No matter in what mode your computer is running either standby, sleep, suspend or shutdown mode the USB port in your motherboard will supply a power to its connected device. That means your motherboard and PSU is still active even when you shutdown the computer. There is nothing to worry about it.

For a installed program "Update Manager 32-bit” concern first look for it in Startup folder or Start>programs list. If it exists there then there might be some kind of Uninstaller utility to remove it. If not then I think you should manually delete it from the control panel. Some programs will response to delete keys but some not. Try to find the source for this program. If there is no source folder or file is available then install an Unlocker program from the website to delete it manually. You will get this software for free. This tool will unlocks any kind of file or folder to remove from the computer.

I heard that the GIGABYTE On/Off Charge feature is not meant for all versions and models of motherboard. As far I know it is only functional and much compatible with latest and well-built motherboards. It is also not supported with several premature BIOS versions meant for your motherboards listed. A straightforward technique to verify what BIOS version of the motherboard is to scuttle CPU-Z and click the on top of the motherboard tab and interpret the BIOS edition.

I heard that the GIGABYTE On/Off Charge capable motherboard or computer keeps the power supply running to its USB port or firewire port even when you shut down the computer. That means now it is possible to charge my idevices without Booting up the computer. I hope that this feature will not eat much power when the computer shut downs. I also heard that it charges 40% faster than normal charge. As far as "Update Manager 32-bit” program concern you need to restore your computer to the earlier date if there is any restore point is available. Otherwise I think it cannot be removable until you find the better tool to remove it.