Thread: 12 Short beeps with my new gigabyte motherboard

12 Short beeps with my new gigabyte motherboard

There is a small misunderstanding With my specification.
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2)
    • Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition
    • RAM: Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10666 XMS3 DHX Memory Kit (TW3X4G1333C9DHX)
    • PSU :Corsair GS800
    • GPU:Inno3D GeForce GTX470
    • HDD: 2x Western Digital WD360GD 36.7Gb "Raptor" SATA HDD

I connected each and every parts together and turns up the power. The computer doesn't growth precedent post confirm (BIOS screen) as well as acknowledges me by way of 12 short beeps pursued by a small pause, then beeps frequent. I have rechecked all part. Everything seems to be the same. What is the meaning of those 12 beeps? Do you any idea about that?

Re: 12 Short beeps with my new gigabyte motherboard

As far as I know the 12 short beeps have special meaning. If you get 12 short beeps then it might be the issue of CMOS RAM shutdown register malfunction. The real-time clock/CMOS IC disastrous. If this is the cause then you have only 2 option if possible either replace the CMOS or replace the whole motherboard. If your motherboard has warranty and RMA then you don’t need to put much effort for replacement.

It may simply be that your motherboard's BIOS version is not supporting the processor so far. It requirements on the way to be at slightest edition F6 which can be downloadable from gigabyte product site. The simply setback is you will necessitate a hold up processor to scuttle the modernize. The supplementary alternative is to seize it in to a neighborhood store and obtain them to flash the BIOS in favor of you. Ensure that you make use of QFlash to scuttle the update not @BIOS because it is further unsafe.

While startup, PC carry out a Power-on identity Test, frequently referred in the direction of like a POST. If troubles are originated despite the fact that booting, you can more often than not establish them by means of the error codes showed on top of the screen. On the other hand, if not anything displays on the monitor, the PC may exploit sounds (beep codes) to inform you what is incorrect. Numerous of these errors point out hardware issues that a repair technician must repair.

The 12 short beeps may be due to some hardware component connected directly to your motherboard’s ports. First check on your keyboard. It might be possible that there some keys or pads are stucked and keep on pressing. If it is clear then remove all the cables and connectors from the rear of your CPU case, except the power. Now power on the computer and see you are still getting beeps or not.

Normally the short beep occurs when there is something wrong happens to RAM stick or slot. If there is any free slot in your motherboard, then take the RAM out from current slot and put back into the different slot. Now power up the computer and push the CPU power button. If the beep still continues then take different compatible RAM module from other computer and test it again. Still the same then assume that it is not about the RAM. Take out the CMOS battery from the motherboard and put it back to the same position.