Thread: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R: USB3.0, Prime95 and Hard Lock

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R: USB3.0, Prime95 and Hard Lock

I recently receive my new combo order last week and having the following problem from the first day:1) The USB 3.0 ports in the back do not appear to function on boot however work in Windows. I have updated to the FD but have the same issue. I attempted pressing delete on the way to enter bios however it does not work unless I make use of the USB 2.0 ones.2) Prime 95. I have not overclocked my cpu as well as have tried fail safe, optimized by means of updated settings for the OCZ memory as well as I cannot obtain a steady result. I am able to start it, obtain an error in 2 min after that rerun the test instantly furthermore it will end for an hour. Any ideas?

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R: USB3.0, Prime95 and Hard Lock

I as well have the same problem as well as Hard locks. I have just played Age of Conan frequently on my new computer and am receiving hard locks on it. I attempted reinstalling windows with the most recent drivers and presently the Nvidia 260.99 driver for both cards. I encompass a new windows 7 64 bit install with the most recent drivers from the manufacturer website and FD bios. If you have any suggestion please let me know.

I will recommend you to try clearing the CMOS whilst you are there by removing the power cable from mail power supply and after that press the power switch for some seconds just to exhaust any remaining energy in the power supply capacitors. Now remove the mobo battery for at least ten min before replacing. Plug back into the main supply and start the system. You will at the moment require entering the BIOS by pressing DEL as well as loading Opimised BIOS Defaults. Make required changes in the BIOS and then press F10 to save and exit.

Hi seeing you has CIE and EIST and so on disabled. Set your CPU to 1.35v (you be able to move it lower if require). If you XMP enabled attempt it without observe how it goes. Also if at a standstill having problem attempt running your ram at 1333 rather than 1600. Attempt inserting the other two sticks of memory after that in the white slots as well.Just to verify you are running Optimized BIOS Defaults now?

Not a lot growth on that. I ran at optimized settings without altering anything apart from for AHCI in view of the fact that I installed windows with it while I am going on the way to install windows on an OCZ vertex 2 Solid state drives later. I attempted disabling the advanced CPU settings similar to cie and eist and after that set in the 8-8-8-24 and voltage settings 1333 and 1600 speeds. Everything failed under a minute.