Thread: X58A-UD7 with (e) SATA jmicron controller

X58A-UD7 with (e) SATA jmicron controller

Running Windows 7 64 bit and the motherboard is X58A-UD7 by means of i7 950.Got all drivers for the motherboard installed from the DVD install disk that came alongside.I am having difficulty by means of the eSATA controller and jmicron JMB362.I cannot obtain the controller on the way to issue the "spindown" or else discontinue command to the SATA drive."Safely remove" show in the tray and I be able to obtain it to "eject" however it stays spinning.Also at what time the computer shuts down the drive stays spinning.HotSwap.exe as well as sdparm.exe cannot spin down too! What could be the trouble?

Re: X58A-UD7 with (e) SATA jmicron controller

Have you attempted updating the drivers furthermore what BIOS edition are you running at present?It is frequently better to download the drivers from the manufacturer website as they are usually newer than the ones offered on disk. So try to update the driver from manufacturer website and If you have any other trouble related to it feel free to inquire.

Forgot to state it is a revision 2.0 X58A-UD7 board.The BIOS version is "FB". The most recent one is beta as I observe.The similar trouble seems in Linux - hd/sdparm does not spin the drive down (on ICH10 functions perfect) as a result it is most likely not the drivers mistake as sdparm works on a standard requirement. Thank you in advance for any suggestion. Please assist as soon as possible.

As per I know the most recent BIOS version accessible is a beta still however it will be upgraded very soon at the same time as it is at the moment on the website as well as that usually means it is near the end of testing. It is FC7 and is available soon on gigabyte website. I would recommend you to run the update (by means of QFlash) and observe if it is addressed in there.

Small update, the Linux hdparm command in reality works as well as the drive spins down. It yet spins down on shutdown. As a result the BIOS as well as the controller itself is just well.Noticeably the Windows drivers are the trouble here.I will evaluate the present installed edition and the most recent available. Installed the newest driver 1.17.59.0 for jmicron controller but have the same trouble.

Have you tried to update the firmware? I encompass a UD5; however is not the USB 3.0 controller the similar?The most recent edition of the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller (Windows 7 64 bit) is 2.0.30.0. As well as there was a firmware update. So I will recommend you to try to install these most recent edition available. You will get it from the manufacturer website.