Thread: Need help about specification of GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3

Need help about specification of GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3

I am going to build a new computer which contains lots of power and performance. The problem is that I am a newbie and never built a computer before. I don’t have any idea about the requirement of specification to get more power. I am looking to buy GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3 AMD 770 + SB710 ATX Motherboard. I think that it is only good motherboard which is under my budget. I need some advice about the necessary processor and PSU for this board. I am going to install a Blueray driver also. So you think that this board is enough for me. If you any advice over another board you are free to poet me.

Re: Need help about specification of GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3

If you are really looking for a power PC means I hope that you need it especially for gaming and some multimedia purposes as well as designing. When I look into the Google I found that this motherboard specifically supports AMD processor. If you are going to build a PC for gaming then this is the best choice you ever had. Most of the gaming platform concerns about the AMD processor because they scored well on that side. Another thing is they are very cheap compared to Intel processor. It doesn’t mean that they are cheap is performance.

I heard that GA-MA770-UD3 motherboard is one of the innovative design from the gigabyte compared their other product. The reason behind that it will support AMD 6-Core processors i.e. Phenom II X 6. It also supports subsequently generation of 45nm AMD AM3 processor. The other supporting features like EC AOD-ACC, AMD OverDrive, Ultra Durable 3, Dual Channel DDR2 1200+ MHz , Energy Saver, Solid Capacitors, EasyTune6, DualBIOS and Qualified for Windows 7 . So what do you say now? Do you think that you will need other model advice now?

I think that this motherboard is fat enough for your requirement. The only thing is missing in this is new version of USB port, i.e USB 3.0. I am not sure whether nowadays motherboard includes this port. But still if you had this on your chosen MB then it will be very helpful. I am telling you because it is much faster than current USB device.

Which processor you are looking forward in order to get mode power? If you are interested in AMD then there will not be any problem. If you really want to go for Intel side then it is not the best motherboard for you. As far as the power concern It will be better if you get the more capacity PSU, so that you can avoid future upgrade. It doesn’t mean that the motherboard and the blueray driver needs much power. What I mean is if you are going add more GPU then more power will be necessary. Some graphic cards needs external power rather than PCIe slot. At this time it becomes mandatory.

If you can afford more budgets then here is my specification. I am telling you because it will be necessary to expense more money over the specification in case for better power as well as performance.
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H
    • Processor: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 or 965
    • Memory: Corsair TW3X4G1333C9
    • Graphics Card: Gigabyte HD 5770
    • PSU: Corsair Professional CMPSU-650HXUK

You can buy any quantity of RAM and GPU; it will be your choice. The power unit is recommended for this .