Thread: Gigabyte GA MA770 UD3 rev 2.0 motherboard is not booting with AMD Athlon II X4 630

Gigabyte GA MA770 UD3 rev 2.0 motherboard is not booting with AMD Athlon II X4 630

I have installed Amd Athlon 630 X4 processor in my motherboard and tried to bootup into windows OS but it didn’t work at all. I even didn’t get to the starting Windows screen, there was nothing. I have tried several things like updated the BIOS and re-installed the OS but nothing went successful. Here are my computer specification:
    • Processor: AMD athlon 64 X2 5000+
    • RAM: 4GB DDR2 - 2 dell sticks and 2 zeppalin
    • Graphics: Ati radeon 4870
    • Motherboard: GA mA770 ud3- rev 2.0
    • PSU: OCZ stealxstream 600w
    • Operating system: Windows 7 - 64bit

Please tell me that is there any wrong with my specification. Should I need to upgrade a little bit more? I cannot change the motherboard now because I can’t afford it. So please help to solve this problem without any expenses. I will be very thankful to you.

Re: Gigabyte GA MA770 UD3 rev 2.0 motherboard is not booting with AMD Athlon II X4 630

When I see into your specification I assume that you have got the perfect choice except RAM. This is the first thing I want to point about. You are telling that you are running 4GB RAM and you totaled up the RAM quantity by the use of 4 sticks with 2 different manufacturers. I think that you should run your PC either by just using Dell RAM or Zeppalin RAM stick, not the both. This may affect the OS whereas they are diverse manufacturer. But still I didn’t get that how did you install the 4 stick in a single motherboard. Do you have 4 RAM slots for DDR2 only?

Re: Gigabyte GA MA770 UD3 rev 2.0 motherboard is not booting with AMD Athlon II X4 630

I think that you will need to install Windows OS again. Not the manner you did before. First of pull out the entire RAM from the slot and insert only one stick which is necessary for now. Then install windows OS. Other thing i want to know that do you have the HDD set to either IDE or AHCI mode in the Bios in the past? When you install the Windows, the BIOS will be restored to default. So reverted the SATA controller to the defaulting IDE mode turn it to AHCI mode and see.

You are telling that you have installed the AMD athlon 64 X2 processor to the existing RAM, which means you had different CPU before. There is nothing problem with this new processor; I heard that it is compatible with your gigabyte motherboard. One thing to make sure that the old processor has been set in BIOS by the different voltages according to its needs. But the new processor may need different amount voltage but the BIOS is still considering the old voltage. Due to this it is unable to load Windows OS. So change the voltages in BIOS and see will it boot up or not.

Due to low RAM speed and low CPU clock speed of the motherboard or the CPU itself unable to boot up the OS. As you have installed the Windows 7, it obviously need more power. So I think you should overclock the RAM speed as well as the CPU speed. Also set the Northbridge and Southbridge power according to the CPU needs. Change the multiplier inside the BIOS as of 14 to 12 and then decrease the voltage as a result of 0.050v.

Are you getting any BSOD while booting the Windows OS? You should reset the CMOS before installing or booting up from the new AMD processor. Also make sure that the CPU socket is compatible with AMD athlon 64 X2. If it not then you may need to change. If are confident about the compatibility of motherboard and processor then there will not be any hardware related issue. It might be regarding the BIOS, OS, drivers or firmware. While you installing the OS with old processor then leave the Bootable CD in the Drive. Shut down the computer and replace the processor. Now boot up from new processor. Whatever the issue regarding the OS the bootable CD may going to repair it.