Thread: GA-X58A-UD7 difficulty with hot swap

GA-X58A-UD7 difficulty with hot swap

Hi ,I presently have GA-X58A-UD7 motherboard installed with the original bios furthermore each and every settings in the bios altered to ahci. Each moment I place the one of my drives in my computer by means of the hot swap drive I obtain this error message that “New drive detected, If this device is a port multiplier, only port 0 of the port multiplier will be active.” Not certain what that employs.Also at what time I put the 4 hot swaps in the PC when the CPU boots it fails to start may possibly this just be a boot priority trouble? I really need to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thank for any suggestion.

Re: GA-X58A-UD7 difficulty with hot swap

Hi,Can I know what revision is your motherboard as well as what BIOS edition are you running at the moment? I would also like to know whether you have your optical drive on an ACHI configured port for the reason that is asking for problem as well. You can see the revision number of the board which is printed at the left hand side of the motherboard at the bottom.Your optical drive can go on any port but I would suggest you steer clear of the AHCI enabled ones.

I have checked the revision number of motherboard and it is rev 1 as well as the bios edition is FA. Furthermore as you have asked whether my optical device is connected on an ACHI configure, my optical drive is connected to one of the sata ports as well as I have enabled ACHI on all sata ports. Is there a precise port I be supposed to just place the optical drive into?

In reality just the ports on the one controller are set to AHCI at what time selected. You do not require on the way to have AHCI enabled for running a Solis state drive (SSD). It will work very well on IDE mode and yet transmit the TRIM commands. Approved it is a touch slower however not much.Hope this will help you to get rid of your issue.If any other query let me know.

Oh I make out I was in the feeling that we were at a standstill talking regarding the GA-X58A-UD7 motherboard. OK I understand at this time. Well I estimate if you do not attach the optical drive to the two SATA3_4 as well as SATA3_5 which will just recognize RAID drives you will have on the way to go to the front as there is no further option.