Thread: Gigabyte ma770t-ud3p compatible memory

Gigabyte ma770t-ud3p compatible memory

I am having Gigabyte ma770t-ud3p motherboard in my system and it was running fine but was having only 2 GB RAM and I wanted to increase that and so I bought a new corsair vs2gb1333d3 but when I inserted that then it slows down the system and causes BSOD. I am not able to guess the reason for this so I want to ask you that if that is compatible with the mobo that I have and if yes then why that is showing the problem like this.

Re: Gigabyte ma770t-ud3p compatible memory

RAM is not the only thing that can cause the BSOD's. There are several things that can cause this. If there is some power issue then also it will cause the BSOD’s. Viruses can also cause the problems like this. So along with the RAM, you should also check for the other things and if that is having fault then fix that accordingly. I know that this is not the solution but it is just to guide you that you should not consider only one thing as fault.

You may try to do the bios update but I do not believe it will modify it much. The number set in the bios does not for all time reflect what the definite voltage your board shoves. So, if your board is having a sensor which you can read after that you may know the correct volts. 1.6v is as well not much and you do not have to be anxious regarding the lifespan of their RAM. You can try to press ALT+F1 at the same time as in the BIOS, Gigabyte hide a few of the their BIOS options.

I would like to tell you that the GA-MA770T-UD3P will not go away below 1.6V. In previous bios revisions 1.5V was an alternative choice but board over-volted to 1.6V. I believe it is a hardware restriction of the board in view of the fact that the latest bios have a minimum ram of 1.6. It will not harm your RAM to work at 1.6V and you might be able to make tighter your timings by means of the small voltage amplify. I hope that it will clear your mind.

According to me, you need to change tRFC to 300ns for both the modules as well as modify Command Timing to 2T. A tRFC is just a renaming of what was identified like asynchronous RFC. This is accomplished by calling an RFC in the background task. If you do so then the RFC will be perform asynchronously as of the calling application i.e. it is implemented in its own transactional surroundings. This may be essential if the instant execution of the RFC cannot be definite. Like at the time of using a leased line otherwise registered service that the receiver is online simply during definite periods. The tRFC calls will be lineup and executed when the receiver is online another time.

Have you tried to configure memory settings manually in the BIOS? After you have completed the settings then all the things will run well. If that does not solve the issue then the CPU might not be able to hold the RAM that you are trying to use. Make sure that both the RAM’s that you are connecting are of the same kind and there should not be any difference between them. If there is some difference then it will cause some compatibility problem like you are facing.