Thread: Bios crashed during update

l33t Bios crashed during update

hi,

I was updating my acer aspire 5740's bios when the screen went black, all the lights remained on for about a minute and then the whole system went off. I have removed and replaced the cmos battery, but the problem remains: when i power the machine, it lights for a second then powers off, then continues this on its own, until i have to remove the battery .

So I was wondering, is there a way I can flash the bios, or do I have to replace the chip?

help would be greatly appreciated...

re: Bios crashed during update

Your bios is not properly updates and due to which your system crashed. Not for fixing the same you will need to find the original bios which are available on the official site of Acer. But before that just do one thing, call the customer service support for better details. Or else you can simply download the bios from the below link and flash the same back again. Try a proper media for that. It is a very critical job, your system can dead entirely if not done properly.
    Acer Aspire 5470 BIOS

re: Bios crashed during update

it's not POSTING...

Re: Bios crashed during update

Disconnet everything from your laptop, if you can, whether it is a hard drive, usd mouse. Check whether your acer aspire 5740 is posting now till the BIOS screen. If it does then try to reload the Bios again. Other than that if nothing is working then you will have to take it to a laptop repair shop where the bios of the motherboard can be flashed by some tools.

Re: Bios crashed during update

I removed everything, reconnected again, but I still get the same problem. I found a way to recover from the bad bios, but I need the AA5740 crisis disk. so can anyone help me with it?