Thread: SRAM v/s DRAM

SRAM v/s DRAM

I have got a desktop computer, although I do not have much knowledge about the hardware being used in the computer system, but however I am being fascinated to know about the devices being connected to it, I have planned to post my technical queries one by one , now I have got a question about the RAM chips, I just wanted to know how a static Ram and Dynamic RAM differ from each other , I am waiting for your response.

Re: SRAM v/s DRAM

You will be easily able to discriminate the two RAM , consider the following points:
    • SRAM is static while DRAM is dynamic
    • SRAM is quicker and works more faster in comparision with the Dynamic RAM
    • As far as the power consumption is concerned SRAM requires less power than the Dynamic RAM M
    • Since the static and dynamic RAM makes the use of transistors , the transistors used SRAM makes much more use of the such transistors per bit than that of DRAM.
    • The Static RAMs are much more costlier than the Dynamic RAM.
    • Cheaper DRAM which are inexpensive are made much more use in main memory while SRAM is usually utilized in cache memory

There are two sorts of Random Access Memory or RAM, both has its own rewards and drawback compared to the each other. SRAM (Static RAM) and DRAM (Dynamic RAM) clutch data but in a different technique. DRAM need the data to be refreshed every so often in order to keep the data. SRAM does not require to be refreshed as the transistors within would carry on to grasp the data as long as the power supply is not disconnected. This actions leads to a few compensation, not the least of which is the much quicker pace that data can be written and read. If you have any further such query please post back again , I will definitely try to help you out.

The additional circuitry and timing required to initiate the refresh generates some obstacles that makes DRAM memory slower and less attractive than SRAM. One problem is the much superior power utilized by DRAM memory, this distinction is very important in battery powered devices. SRAM units are also much simpler contrast to DRAM, which makes it simpler for most user to make an interface to right to use the memory. This makes it easier to work with for hobbyists and even for prototyping.