Thread: RAM Bottlenecking while playing games

RAM Bottlenecking while playing games

My computer specifications are as follows.
    • Processor- Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.13GHz (1066FSB)
    • Motherboard-Asus P5N32-E SLi nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2
    • Graphic card-BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC2 640MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)

Currently I am using Swssbit RAM 2x512 each clocked at 266.7 MHZ. I put this memory stick from my old computer to new computer. Now when I play some serious games like Doom 3, Serious Sam 2, it was just suttery, I don’t know what to call this issue. Everything just cranked and it happens each and every 2-3 seconds interval. Now my assume that whether my RAM is bottlenecking the computer. Is it right or is it something more than this? Whatever game I play it there is no issue except it stutters.

Re: RAM Bottlenecking while playing games

I think that it is not about the RAM name but it is about the amount of RAM you have. With this specification the 1GB RAM is not enough to play the game by all details on. The mentioned game requires lot of power in your computer. There is no issue with your processor and gpu. They are meant for these kinds of game except the RAM capacity. What you have to do is to get more RAM if you can afford.

As far as I know the games are not RAM dependent or CPU. Most of the games rely on the quality of the GPU. I think that for normal games like you mentioned in your post is enough for your current GPU. If you are looking for a high graphic related game then I think you should got for atleast 1GB graphic card. I think that you should go for overclocking your CPU as well GPU together to make work proper with RAM. Overclocking RAM only doesn’t help much.

The RAM may be a bottleneck in games possibly (a tad of lag is by no means fine), and completely won't permit Overclocking. On the other hand, i didn't believe CPU does essentially make use of the RAM. RAM presently saves information that computer requests to access actual quick, for e.g. games you are presently playing. Besides, what the RAM could perform is not permit your GPU to be exploited in the direction of its complete possible, because you require RAM to be capable to vision each and every one that stunning detail which seizes up plenty of memory.

How did you overclock the RAM? Did you follow the right process to overclock it? To make sure about the details for your RAM, CPU and GPU, I urge you to install CPU-Z and GPU-Z to get the accurate values. You will know whether you have overclocked properly or not. For your game issue I think that you should know the performance about your specification. In order to calculate the performance about your computer I urge you to download benchmark like 3Dmark06 to get the accurate values. Run it several times and see the difference by yourself.

As I say from the gaming side the RAM probably will not bottleneck your computer while playing such huge games. There must be something different which is bottlenecking your computer. You will know about the RAM while opening any applications or games and working on it. For stutter issue I think it is related to the GPU not even also CPU. Install the GPU in some other slot and see whether the stuttery is existing or not.