Thread: Maximum RAM capacity of Clevo d410e laptop

Maximum RAM capacity of Clevo d410e laptop

I have been using the Clevo d410e laptop from the past several years. By seeing this model name you can say that it is a very old laptop. When I first bought this laptop there is only 512 MB RAM is included and I am still using with that only. I didn’t go for update. But for now in support of modern applications this is not enough. So I decided to upgrade it now. But when I contacted the manufacturer them claimed me that the laptop cal only afford the RAM sticks of 512MB or lesser. When performing diverse scans like the crucial memory finder, it authenticates me that the laptop is capable up to 3GB RAM overall. I don’t want that much. I just need to make it work with 2 GB. Will it work? What should I have to do for this?

Re: Maximum RAM capacity of Clevo d410e laptop

Crucial's memory finder isn't the mainly precise of application or utility. It's utilizing a general format understanding the chipset in the direction of make a decision scheduled maximum RAM quantity, not the entity mock-up. I'd be unquestioning the maker during this consequence. Still if you may perhaps set up 3 GB, among merely 2 SO-DIMM slots single of the chips will ought to be a 2 GB. These be capable of put you flipside in excess of 300.00 (type/speed reliant). If you're operating Windows xp in your laptop then 1 GB will be further than excellent. 1GB of memory is well thought-out the charming marks for Windows XP.

When I looked into Google search I found that the Clevo d410e laptop laptop cannot hold 3GB maximum capacity of RAM. But the good thing I got is this laptop can hold 1GB memory module and it is the real maximum capacity. But the sad thing is I didn’t find any compatible 1GB sticks for this model. I am searching on it and I hope that might be a single piece that contains 1GB capacity.

Other than looking into internet and other finder about RAM capacity of other model I urge you to take a look into your laptop by yourself. What you have to do is take the back panel out and verify whether there is 2 expansion slots for RAM upgrade are available or not. If it is not it will be little harder for you. If it has, then there is nothing to worry about. The laptop support maximum 1 GB memory by combining 2 sockets. You can add an additional 512MB RAM along with your previously existed RAM. Now you can total up to 1GB.

You need to verify that whether your laptop’s memory bank is compatible or not. The Clevo PortaNote D410E contains two memory or RAM expansion slots for replacement or upgrade. A memory bank is a collection of memory expansion sockets, a bank have to be totally crammed by way of memory modules of the identical amount and sort in arrange in support of the laptop to distinguish and concentrate going on the memory. Normally 2 sockets (2 banks of 1) point out that there are two memory expansion slots. They are separated into two banks; in addition to each one bank consists of single memory slot. So you be able to insert memory single part at an instance of time in support of the laptop to bring into play.

As far as I know there are no 1GB compatible models of RAM available for Clevo d410e laptop. Currently the available ranges in the market place are 128MN, 256MB and 512MB. So you need to get two 512MB RAM to total up to 1GB. If the laptop is capable to hold up 2 sticks simultaneously then there will not be any problem. Is it can’t then you should leave it aside and try any other alternative method like overclocking etc. if your RAM piece is compatible to overclock then you can slightly boost up the performance.