Thread: Sound missing from ASUS M4A785-M

Sound missing from ASUS M4A785-M

I am having one issue. I have installed then Windows 7 on my latest board i.e. ASUS M4A785-M but not getting the sound from the same. I have installed the driver for same but it is not working still. I am still unable to find the resolution for same. If any one is having the detail about the same then please let me know about the same so that i can get the proper sound from my board.

Re: Sound missing from ASUS M4A785-M

It seems that you are missing the latest driver for the Motherboard. Windows 7 is having some compatibility issue and it needs to run with the latest driver that can make it working with the sound issue. So it is better to go to the official site of the manufacturer and download the latest driver which is having the compatibility with the Windows 7. After that install the same and see whether this is working with the issue of yours or not. I hope this will resolve the issue related to the sound issue.

First of all thanks for the quick response that you have shown towards the issue of mine. I have gone through the solution that you have provide and installed the latest driver from the Asus site but after that when i restarted my PCi am getting the same issue. Still there is no sound. I am having no idea why this happening with my system. Expecting more help from you. Also let me know whether my board is compatible with then Windows 7 or not. How to check for the compatibility with the Windows 7.

If that is not working than this might be compatibility issue with the motherboard of yours. To check for compatible you should go to the official site of Microsoft where you can check the compatibility of your motherboard with the Windows 7. You can also download the Windows Upgrade adviser which will guide you regarding the up gradation of your system if this is not enough to run with the Windows 7. So if you can then try this out and see what result you are getting.

I am also having some thing to share with you. As per your issue it seems that there might be some issue with the connectivity because of which i am not getting it working with the issue of yours. I will advise you to check for the connectivity and then see whether this is working with the issue of your or not.