Thread: Single Quad Core or Double Quad Core Processors for Server

Single Quad Core or Double Quad Core Processors for Server

I am looking forward to put a server for my average office network. So that it will offer a huge database program to several users over 150 users or clients. The old server was not enough to manage this bulky amount of information to all users at random time. So I need to go for a brand new one. But the problem is there is a budget limitation for my processor choice. Due to this I have to choose either .86GHz Intel’s single quad core processor or dual quad core processors. From background and some reviews it doesn’t seems to me that there is much difference exist if we look for performance. What do you say about this?

Re: Single Quad Core or Double Quad Core Processors for Server

Of course there is vast amount of performance difference between those configurations. As you are saying that you especially need it for handling large database and real time access to all users for that data. In this case I assume that you probably using oracle, MySQL queries. So I suggest you to buy double quad core processors so that you don’t get any trouble in feature.

If you are planning to add extra users or clients to the server then you might need 2 quad core processors. If the user’s quantity is limited and budget cannot be affordable then the single quad core is more than enough for a server. The database not uses much CPU usage every time. When there is large process to accomplish then only it will hunt for CPU usage.

The solitary quad-core processor's pace assortments from 2.8 to 3.06GHz. Evaluate this in the direction of the dual quad-core processor’s 2.4 to 2.66GHz. At the same time as the single-processor server runs quicker, the dual-processor server may accomplish two times as numerous software directions concurrently, ensuing in quicker performance at the time with programs premeditated to receive benefit of the additional cores.