Thread: Getting error in Intel D865PERL Motherboard after installing windows 7

Getting error in Intel D865PERL Motherboard after installing windows 7

I have installed Windows 7 on a P4, 3.2 GHz machine along with an Intel D865PERL motherboard. Intel does not make available drivers intended for this chipset Win7. The boot install went very well but there is an exasperating little peculiarity. The machine goes through POST and then switches to the "Starting Windows" screen where it proceeds to hang. I power downward, and enter the BIOS. I outlet the BIOS and then it boots. I have tweaked immediately concerning every setting in the BIOS and that has no effect. After the machine is powered off in the state for about 20 minutes, it returns to its hang on boot behavior. There is an event log in the BIOS that shows a "keyboard not found" error at each boot effort. I have a USB keyboard on the system and even tried switching along with a brand new keyboard with no effect. So any suggestion then it will be grateful for me.

Re: Getting error in Intel D865PERL Motherboard after installing windows 7

According to Intel's website, Intel Desktop Board D865PERL does not hold up for Windows 7 Please pass on to this list. You are able to get in touch with Intel directly for confirmation. I believe it is superior to upgrade your motherboard to resolve this issue. And ya keep in mind that the third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is self-governing of Microsoft. So they make no warranty, implied regarding this product's performance or reliability. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Check if you are utilizing a 64 bit processor. Rearrange the bios to defaults by removing the battery for a long while When I checked this on Intel they said that it would be get rid of for an hour so if you want then you are able to go like that also and select optimal when Reconfiguring. You may need to reload the new config for Win7 but the processor may be the root problem.

It’s an older P4 processor, 32 bit with overexcited threading. There is a BIOS revival jumper which I attempted. Actually I had to when I put the memory speed to 333 instead of 400th I was not able to even get to the BIOS after I did that. Anyway, there isn't that much in the BIOS to adjust. I suppose I could reflash it.

I did not observe any BIOS setting to alter the error behavior. The keyboard error message is scheduled as a connection difficulty in the BIOS manual. Perhaps enabling legacy usb support? Advanced configuration menu, usb sub-menu. Required for make use of USB devices outside of OS-like boot / bios menu. Attempt a different port? Alternatively, do you have an old PS/2 keyboard to check along with before changing the settings? In the advanced configuration menu, submenu boot, is the plug & play OS setting NO (default) or YES. Try default then, yes. How many post beeps are you hearing?