Thread: Does RAM upgrade speeds up my computer

Does RAM upgrade speeds up my computer

I have been using a PC which is more than a year old. Yes, while comparing to today’s technology it is far behind. Probably most people will do one thing with their old PC is just upgrading, which really means get rid of some of old components and installing compatible peripherals. It may be any devices either RAM, HDD, DVD drive, Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, processor, UPS, fan, heatsinker, GPU, PCI cards or the motherboard itself depending on their needs and budget. But here in my situation I don’t have much budget for all. So I have decided to for now upgrade RAM only. Someone told me that it will be enough to speed up your computer. Is this really true? Is this upgrade enough to boost up my system performance?

Re: Does RAM upgrade speeds up my computer

I hope not. As you are telling you are running a system which is more than a year old. So I think if you somehow get the good amount of RAM you still lacking in speed. Because there is much compatibility issue between the older motherboards and modern RAM. There are different versions of RAM like DDR, DDR1 ,2, 3 etc. there is small performance difference among those. I assume that your old motherboard not has enough slots for RAM to upgrade. This is the one reason and another is those mobos will not support 4GB or higher may be.

I think that it may somehow increase your computer speed but not totally. There is still much upgrade needed as well with RAM. The processor also effects speed and performance. RAM probably will speed some processes like copying, installing, and for some application processes. But when you are move to high end apps and games you will match the RAM requirements but you are lacking in graphics, FPS, quality and refresh rates etc. if you are not using the computer for those processes and operations then it will be much enough for faster work.

RAM or random access memory, which the system exploits to cache files and programs for quicker loading period. The superior quantity of memory you include, the additional programs be able to run concurrently. Your PC unlocks a program primarily in laying up the data inside your RAM. But there isn't sufficient freedom resting on the RAM, after that the additional information is relocated to the HDD. The further data that is enforced addicted to operating using the HDD, the slower the PC may run. If the system is stacking or opening programs bit by bit, then you be capable of insert extra RAM to the motherboard to compose equipment set out a bit more rapidly.

When compared to the other devices or components the RAM upgrade is more efficient than any other upgrade. Because it is a easiest procedure to do. RAM upgrade will fulfill most of the drawbacks or messes you are getting in your computer like crash, hangs and irregular restart. Faster or high capacity RAM obviously saves your lot of processing time or work time. But if you are going to use the computer for designing, graphic games and editing then you will need further upgrade than RAM.