Thread: Can I overclock a Intel Q6600 with these ambient temperature

Can I overclock a Intel Q6600 with these ambient temperature

I'm new to over clocking, but I presently created a new system on my computer as well as was going to attempt and over clock it to around 3.0GHz. Unluckily with my present ambient temperature I'm not convinced whether its a good thought. My current television Asus Q6600, P5K-G/Wi-Fi , Thermal right Ultra 140 intense with S-flex fan (1700 rpm currently position to 1100 rpm) Transcend DDR2-900 RAM, At 35 deg C ambient temperature I'm receiving the subsequent CPU and Motherboard temperature
    Idle speed CPU 49 degrees C (Core temp & RM clock)
    Motherboard 43 degrees C(speedfan)
    CPU 61-62 deg C
    Motherboard 44-46 deg C
    When the ambient temperature falls to around 25 degrees C the processor idles at about 40 degrees C. so can anyone knows about over clock it then reply me.

Re: Can I overclock a Intel Q6600 with these ambient temperature

This appear high to me and I wouldn’t desire to arrive at that temperature but I estimate the CPU doesn’t strangle until it reach 71C. I don’t fancy your chances, over clocking will need additional voltage at some stage and then the temperatures are actually departing to go up. You could attempt to enlarge case cooling and amplify the speed of the processor fan to 100% but with such high ambient temperatures I m not convinced how much fine it will do (not much I believe Unless you attempt other way of cooling other than air I can’t give much advice. You could lap the bottom of the HSF and CPU then exercise Arctic Silver 5 degree as your thermal paste. This will give you maybe 5 degree C less, probably more depending on the excellence of finish on the HSF and how even the CPU IHS is.

This seems much bit to my prospect and I wouldn’t want to arrive at that temperature but I believe that the processor doesn’t strangle until it reaches 75 degree C. Just for permanence this figure refers to the maximum temperature of the processor. IHS (Integrated Heat Spreader), calculated at its arithmetical centre at the maximum TDP of the processor. The processor thermal trip utility, which shuts down the processor to keep away from damage, kick's in at approximately 20 degrees C higher than this.

I gather from analyzing your post that temperatures are your worry Cyber. Core 2 Duo have a senior TDP than their dual core family. So you can suppose higher stock temperatures. But as its previously performing at 60-65c at load, and the motherboard is up at 45 degree C. I'd be very tempted to modify the hsf as well as the T.I.M. AC Freezer 7 pro or Tuniq Tower is fine beta. A.Silver is about the best T.I.M on the advertise. since your cpu is top-locked receiving 3ghz from it will need plummeting the multiplier and upping the fsb (something your motherboard is very fine at). This in turn will require more power to the processing, creating additional heat.

Fitting a latest hsf should also scratch down on the ambient temperature. But I wouldn't be concerned so much about that as the motherboard's VRM's are positioned in such a way as to be cooled by the hsf. The only unimportant apprehension re the ambient high temperature is the southbridge and the Northbridge. But just get some vigorous cooling on them, maybe an Antec Spotcool or mode a 90mm fan over them.