Thread: Advice for RAM configuration

Advice for RAM configuration

Hi all,

I have just built the new system which is based on the Q6600. I am using Transcend RAM DDR2-800 (5-5-5-12) - model no - JM2GDDR2-8K. I have did overclocking to the system to 3GHz. But when I am running to the ratio of 1:1 then the RAM slower that is approximately 667Ghz. Is there any fix for this issue or it is better to leave this as it is? Please replay me soon. I am waiting for the replies.

Re: Advice for RAM configuration

I think that you need to do the stress test for your RAM. If you want to do that then you can download the Orthos form internet. It is a software that will help you to stress test your RAM. Install it and run it. I am sure that this will help you to reduce the stress of the RAM. You will be also able to see the overall stability for your system through this program.

From the configuration that you have given it looks that this is the best that you are getting. You can do anything but this will not going to give you more than that. This is the best that you are getting and you should not aspect more than that. So don’t search for the suggestion on this and be happy in what you are getting. This is just a suggestion and the choice is yours. You can try the suggestions given and also upcoming suggestions.

According to me you are not going to obtain a inferior stable latency considering that 5-5-5-12 is stock. If you raise the voltage to the 2.0 then the temperature will be quite high under load. Do you encompass a stock HSF or else aftermarket? If you are happy through it that is running at those temps then it is up to you. Heat=decreased lifespan. So keep that in mind while overclocking the system.