Thread: High temperature on E6750

High temperature on E6750

Hi all I am using a computer that is having Core 2 Duo E6750 in it. I think that it is getting overheated. Whenever I start my computer in BIOS then it shows me the temperature as 38 degrees at idle condition. This seems to be high as I see that as the idle temperature but I am not sure about this. Can you tell me that if that is bad temperature or it is normal? If it is bad then please provide me tips to avoid this. Thank you.

Re: High temperature on E6750

No, this is not an awful temperature in any way. But yes this is higher than the expected temperature of the system. It mostly depends on the cooling setup that your system has. If you have the motherboard that vigorously amplifies performance of the CPU by raising its speed as well as voltage then the temperature of your system will definitely increase because voltage creates heat. But in spite of that, temperature is fine.I hope that this will clear your idea for this. Thank you.

You should use standard heatsink that is having improved HSF. Heatsink will help the system a lot to reduce the temperature of the system. Apart from that you can also check for the fan speed and there are also softwares available that can maintain the speed of the fan. Search, download and use such software’s and I am sure that it will reduce the temperature of the system.

If your BIOS is outdated then also you may get the problems like this. To fix this you can update the BIOS to the latest version of it. It will also increase the speed of the fan. I have seen many cases like this where updating the BIOS solves the problem. So go the manufactures site and look for any latest update for the BIOS. If that is available then install that. This is one of the possible solutions for the issue like this.

You can use any cooling system on your system and this will reduce the temperature of the system. There are many cooling system available in the market. You can search for that online and choose the one that fits in your budget. I am quite sure that this will maintain the system. Maintaining the system temp is very important and if you avoid that then you may lose any other part of the system. So install cooling pad and this will help you.

You can try to use Everest to observe your temps. If you want to download that then you can download that from System info in the downloads part. If it reports you the high temperature then the sensor is faulty. This is the best to track the system temperature. I am using this and I can say that it is having very simple user interface and easy to use.