Thread: cannot determine where to fit the RAM sticks in the Dual Channel RAM Memory

cannot determine where to fit the RAM sticks in the Dual Channel RAM Memory

I have got a desktop computer , I use an AMD Phenom processor and a 500 GB of Seagate hard drive , I am quite a bit confused about the RAM being installed in .I have a Asus P5b motherboard and I am not quite certain what configuration the memory be supposed to be in. I have 4 slots on the motherboard for the RAM . Channel A1 and A2 which are yellow in color and also have B1 and B2 channels that are of black color (both black). To attain dual channel memory function can anyone suggest me where the two RAM sticks of memory should fit in.

Re: cannot determine where to fit the RAM sticks in the Dual Channel RAM Memory

Let us assume if you have two 512 GB of RAM chips and a single 1 RAM chip then also you will be to an action of dual channeling it. Just place 512x2 in the channel named A and the one RAM chip of 1GB you can mount on either of the B1 or B2 channel that is of black in color . I think it will surely help you in accomplishing in the Dual Performance channel , you can also try the given measures of tour motherboard has unequal RAMs .

This Installation is a two step process: press on the plastic tabs at both ends of the slot from the outer side ; then press on in the memory stick, straight downwards, until the tabs break closed into the little divots at both sides of the RAM stick. That may need quite a bit of strength, so I like to apply a bit of inner pressure on the tabs when I press on descending. Note that you should wear gloves to assist shield the components from static power . Most of the strength should be downwards though or else the tabs will shut before the memory is seated properly. Do again this procedure for every stick, in our case, two times.

We can make use of one big memory module (often referred as sticks) with all of the memory we require. It is, though, in the majority configurations, beneficial to run two smaller memory sticks in dual channel method (for instance two 1GB RAM sticks instead of one 2GB stick). The theory is to stabilize the bandwidth (quantity of data) coming from and going to the RAM and CPU. The performance boost is mostly joined to the motherboard you are using.

To install memory in dual channel mode , you will have to put two similar sticks in two slots on the system board . Normally , these memory RAM are manufactured, then they are tested against many such cases , packaged and then placed in the market for sale . You can form a pair from sticks purchased separately ; but ensure that they have the identical size, speed, and along with that these sticks must also have the same latency. Precisely which slots to use relies on your motherboard.