Thread: Will core 2 duo processor fit in Gigbyte motherboard ?

Will core 2 duo processor fit in Gigbyte motherboard ?

I have got a desktop computer , if you ask about my system specification I have got a GIGABYTE GA-8N-SLI ROYAL LGA 775 MOTHERBOARD and have an Intel p4 processor hey I am looking for some assistance .I am looking forward to upgrade my processor as its the most horrible thing on my system .All the other device are working well but I have not clue whether it will fit into my pc build. I took the advice from a few they suggest me to stick to the single core processor, what you people have to say about this please let me know as I am in lots of confusion.

Re: Will core 2 duo processor fit in Gigbyte motherboard ?

Well if you had ask that you have got a Giga byte processor and currently you posses a Pentium 4 processor and you are wishing to change tour processor and replace it with a core 2 dou processor , I think it will be a wise move, but here the question is that will it allow to fit in , if it does I think in my opinion, you should go for the change , because it will boost up the performance of your system .

I have got a lots of recommendations for motherboards changes and bout your budget.But before suggesting, you will l also require to take into consideration that if you change the motherboard Windows will more than probably prompt l you to remove it as you will have made a lot of changes for it to run well , you did not mention about the hard drive you are currently using in your system , because it too has a great impact on the mother board alterations being done.

I am very sorry to inform you that your system board does not support Core2 cpu's it is will supported with 775 socket that intel utilizes but the motherboard does not have the updated voltage circuitry to allow installation of these new specifications.If you want to stick with the core 2 duo processor then according to me you will have to upgrade the motherboard too along with the processor. .

Well if you had ask that you have got a Giga byte processor and currently you posses a Pentium 4 processor and you are wishing to change tour processor and replace it with a core 2 dou processor , I think it will be a wise move, but here the question is that will it allow to fit in , if it does I think in my opinion, you should go for the change , because it will boost up the performance of your system .