Thread: How to solve sound problem in the Asus M2V motherboard

How to solve sound problem in the Asus M2V motherboard

I lately was having Windows XP 64 Bit when I bought Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. Now, after a proper installation, the whole thing is working apart from for my sound. How can I get audio working? I have included details on my motherboard of Asus M2V , processor intel corei3, RAM of 6 GB and speaker system of Altec Lansing ATP3 It was performing fine a few days before on Windows XP, now after an installation sound doesn't work no subject what. I think that motherboard is not compatible with the windows 7 that is why it is not detecting sound. Any help for this post.

Re: How to solve sound problem in the Asus M2V motherboard

I don’t think that there is any motherboard issue for not detecting the sound. I think that there is issue with the sound driver. Did you install your sound driver for the audio device. If not then try to install the driver for it that is why it is creating such issue with the sound not being heard. So go to the Asus motherboard website and try to download the driver compatible with the windows 7. Then install the setup file of this driver.

I have just updated from Windows XP Home premium to Windows 7 Ultimate. Of course it had to clean up the hard disk and at present the sound does not perform. All worked ok ahead of the improvement. Me too have a Asus motherboard but not too confident if it is M2V motherboard. Am I invented to get hold of original drivers / software from Asus to acquire the sound working. I thought it was supposed to determine the accurate drivers itself by the windows 7.

I also the similar problem here, previous to, all was fine. Now, no audio can be heard from the device. I still reinstalled Windows 7 a pair of times and yet, no sound. I have looked for messages in device executive and there is nothing incorrect with any audio drivers or hardware. I checked Troubleshooting sound playback and it also did not discover any troubles. The bars that point out there is audio are moving but not anything is approaching out the speakers or headphones.

I update to my Windows7 home premium to Windows 7 Ultimate, and the misplaced all audio device. I determined the problem by doing this and solved :- I went to the start menu and gone to the control panel. Then type `troubleshooting` into top right look for field.Then choose `troubleshooting` in left hand side. Select the `hardware and sound` choose `playing audio` as well as then I click `yes` in next question box. Then try your sounds again.