Thread: Sata port on asus p5q pro

Sata port on asus p5q pro

I have comprised an ASUS P5Q PRO motherboard, and encompass set the Drive Expert setting in BIOS to standard mode so by means of the intention of I be able to utilize ports SATA_E1 (orange, port 0) and SATA_E2 (white, port 1) as independent hard disk ports. I have comprised the SATA Storage Configuration set up as RAID, as I desire to utilize the six ICH10R SATA ports to generate RAID sets. The tribulations I have comprised is by means of the intention of subsequent to configuring the BIOS this way, when booting up, merely the hard disk associated to the SATA_E1 (orange) port is predictable, at the same time as the hard disk associated to the SATA_E2 (white) port is not. The entire in excess of again, I do not desire to generate a RAID set connecting the disks on SATA_E1 and SATA_E2, additional than as an alternative desire to utilize them as single, standalone disks, additional than simply the one on the SATA_E1 (orange) port is documented.

Re: Sata port on asus p5q pro

You be able to get an owner’s manual commencing from AsusUSA. You are set-up the entire wrong. The "E" in SATA_E means "E"xternal. The two ports are for exterior drvs rated as ESATA or for a RAID arrangement utilizing 3 hard drives, although they determine to work by means of merely 2 drvs in RAID MODE. If you are not talking RAID or E_SATA, why are you utilizing these ports. If you are going to work with RAID in additional than 2 drvs, you encompass to utilize the customary SATA connectors. If you are merely going to RAID 0 or 1, plug them into the customary SATA ports. Then position your NON-Raid on a customary SATA port. I might be wrong, additional than the NON-RAID disk might be formatted clean!

I have recently or currently upgraded to a P5Q Pro mobo and q8200 cpu by means of 4gb of ddr2. I have comprised at present picked up two OCZ Vortex 30GB drives attractive cheap by means of the intention of I am going to utilize for Windows 7 64bit. The mobo manual says regarding Drive Xpert for increased presentation so I was uncertain what would be the most excellent to utilize, raid 0 by means of the onboard controller or the drive xpert. I in addition have comprised a 1.5tb drive associated to the board too.im stuck by means of raid 0 for the reason by means of the intention of the drives is merely 30gb each. Unless I utilize one for windows and one for the entire my programs. Would by means of the intention of be quicker. Might be a swine to generate an image for although. The entire I be familiar by means of is by means of the intention of not utilizing TRIM eventually causes important presentation degradation and you not be able to run manual TRIM if the drives are in RAID.

The Asus P5Q deluxe mobo have comprised six SATA connectors in close proximity to the front middle of the mobo in close proximity to one end of the IDE connecdtor. On the additional ends of the IDE connector, there are two supplementary SATA ports referred to as "SIL5723 SATA Connectors. These two ports comprise what Asus calls "Drive Expert function." Setting up these two ports up by means of hard drives is enclosed in comprehensive feature in the manual, not including. What they are for. The most excellent I be able to figure out is by means of the intention of them commencing form a Raid 0 or 1 array. As far as I am conscious they are the P5QD's ASUS 'Silicon Image' ports so essentially if you encompass a SATAII drive plug it in there to create certain you get that 3GBps tranfer rate and by some means a larger accumulation I imagine. Did not read into it too much, immediately plugged the SATAII drive I have comprised into port0 and got going works blindingly fast when my P5Q Deluxe and Radeon 4870 stop battling it out and blue screening.

OK, at present for the tribulations I am having USB power none of the USB ports (have frontage on or back) deliver sufficient power to spin exterior disks which comprise IPod's or 2.5 SATA USB drive. It works extremely well by means of keyboards and mouse additional than for spinning up disks it basically does not work. The Drive Xpert technology pedestal on the Silicon Image Sil5723 chip presents no backup at the entire I setup the drive Xpert to EZ Backup by means of two indistinguishable drives. This characteristic supposed to mirror one drive to the additional and fundamentally present a raid 1 solution. I position the system in standby, when I had purchased it back up there was a BSOD subsequent to which the partition was gone.