Thread: Need suggestion for a better processor upgrade for NEC / Orion MS-7168 v1.0

Need suggestion for a better processor upgrade for NEC / Orion MS-7168 v1.0

I have encompassed an NEC Orion MS-7168 by means of an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ and would approximating to upgrading the processor as much as probable, as I am in education and on a budget. What I immediately not be able to be certain of is whether or not it is well-matched by means of an AMD X2 4200+ (dual core) although the board and processor are together socket 939 I not be able to locate one definite written illustration of this ever being completed. Somebody recommended by means of the intention of the most excellent processor obtainable for the MS-7168 is a AMD FX-60. I have comprised emailed together NEC and AMD additional than had no replies, their websites have eliminated the entire information regarding the mobo and processors and I have comprised and endeavor their forums and nonentity seems to be familiar by means of for certain.

Re: Need suggestion for a better processor upgrade for NEC / Orion MS-7168 v1.0

Today I encompass and position the x2 3800+ additional than when I powerup the fan of the cpu run strong and not anything occur, no screen output contain found by means of the intention of at present the predicament are the to utilize 2 banks of RAM. I had 2 banks of 512 MB of RAM (PC3200U) DDR-400Mhz CL3, additional than the merely one at time work, in the poison DIMM1, One is Infineon and the additional is Elixir, additional than each two have the similar CL3 and PC3200U. What is the tribulations. I have comprised understood wheel by means of 2 banks the athlon x2 work by means of both together, so is additional fast to encompass 2 banks installed. You previously encompass the fastest cpu your board be able to run.

It's not by means of the intention of great. It's an older chipset. It in addition does not have the characteristic of numerous of the "standard" boards out there right at present, such as USB 3/SATA III ports and 8x/8x Crossfire. It does have encompassed a second PCIe 2.0 slot, additional than in view of the fact by means of the intention of it operates at merely 4x, it's fundamentally worthless. The board I linked to is the most recent chipset, and determine to sustain or maintain the upcoming six core CPUs without having to bring up to date the BIOS. I have comprised an Orion MS-7168 vers.01 and AMD Athlon 64 3400+ and would approximating to upgrading the processor to AMD Athlontm 64 X2 4200+ (ADA4200DAA5BV) additional than necessitate to be certain they are well-matched.

Did you get several joy by means of working with a dual core chip in this board. (I have comprised and got accurately the similar machine, seems to encompass been erased commencing from history as far as the manufacturer sites are long-established!) I have comprised and been looking for an updated bios for regarding a week at present and this is the nearest I have comprised come to an explanation! The entire the links I have originated relate to previous to PB misrepresented their website layout and the whole thing gets redirected to the "country selection" and does not go to the application link afterwards. There be obliged to be an keep informed out there anywhere, mine does not even recognise a 1TB drive appropriately, it demonstrate as 100g in the bios additional than is fine in windows. I have a bios to bring up to date commencing from 2006 additional than by means of the intention of is the most recent I be able to locate.

I was thinking regarding receiving this MSI X58 motherboard as an upgrading to my "value" ASUS P6T SE X58. I have COMPRISED a Core i7 930, as well as a 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz tri-channel remembrance kit. Is it worth the $300. It comes by means of a free sound card, and the motherboard. I desire to replace my present motherboard (RAM.CPU,Heat sink) by means of something innovative and maintain the whole thing else. I have COMPRISED an A8N-SLI Premium. The technique its premeditated works out so my two 8800gt 512 be able to fit along by means of 2 pci cards. GivING the impression of being to upgrading my motherboard and in addition me am giving the impression of being to upgrading my motherboard to have comprised SLI support. If you give the impression of being at my sig you determine to observe by means of the intention of I am working with a Rampage Formula motherboard which merely permits for CF.

You be able to upgrading a processor or add a innovative memory module without causing so much as a blip commencing from Windows XP, additional than a innovative motherboard be able to and determine to cause XP to stop booting in general. Numerous of them have endeavor, and a lot of have been greeted by means of the cold gasp of the Blue Screen of Death for their efforts. Providentially, the procedure for appropriately installing an innovative motherboard is to a certain extent easy and straightforward, and additional providentially, most of them are here to talk you from side to side it. Power off your system and eliminate the side panel so by means of the intention of you are able to give the impression of being into the body of the case and observe your motherboard. Unplug the entire wires commencing from the back of the system except for the power cord.