Thread: My GAK8N does not boot properly and gives long beeps

My GAK8N does not boot properly and gives long beeps

My system has unexpectedly stopped booting up. The monitor does not come on, & it incessantly gives out long beeps. I appreciate this frequently means a memory tribulations (RAM) additional than I encompass changed these approximately & even position a friend's ram in additional than tranquil no dissimilarity. My friend's ram is the similar as excavation (DDR400) except his stick was merely 256mb, mine are together 500). I have comprised 2 x 500mb sticks, & why would they together blow for no reason. Apart commencing from the monitor not kicking in, & the pc giving out the long beeps, it give the impression of being approximating the whole thing is booting up, the entire the fans are on, & even the cd drive lights up. I encompass changed the (agp) graphics card & even endeavor a pci card. Might the cpu be damamged, even although the fans encompass always worked & it's by no means been overclocked etc (plus I am not receiving the high/low beeps).

Re: My GAK8N does not boot properly and gives long beeps

You might be having a power supply predicament too. Create certain it out as well. I did imagine by means of the intention of the sticks of RAM did not fit by means of the intention of well. Did not desire to sit in the middle of the slot. Push one end down the additional would pop up similar to a observe saw. Managed to get them in even although the middle of each stick seems to sit approx 1mm higher than the ends. RAM is companionable - Kingston KVR44X64C3A/1G. Administer to get system to boot and VGA display working when I utilize simply 1 stick of RAM in slot 4 the system boots (be able to enter bios) additional than gt blue screen when windows tries to load. Be able to enter windows in safe mode merely.

The DDR modules are the entire the similar size (parallel anyway). So if they are not fitting extremely well, there's incredible wrong by means of the board. Not certain how it occurs, additional than I have comprised seen this tribulations by means of some Gigabyte boards previous to. The Beeps you are hearing are diagnositc alerts as to what your predicament is. The motherboard book be supposed to tell you what the beeps mean. If it is a predicament by means of memory the MOBO determine to tell you. The beeps are a series of beeps by means of the intention of discern what is going on. They determine to sound dissimilar for different tribulations. You determine to usually hear these on what is called position.

I had purchased a second hand case and motherboard (a Gigabyte GA-K8N) for my friend, and he purchased the entire the bits desirable eg. Processor, RAM etc. When most of them set it the entire up and powered it on, the situation on the memory said OK, and the apparatus the entire were recognized and the whole thing seemed extremely well. On the other hand as almost immediately as it started to give the impression of being to the C: drive to load windows XP Pro (which he was utilizing in his previous PC) I got a black screen by means of the error message on a DOS screen "Invalid Copy. Press several key to carry on". I endeavor to fix the Windows XP copy on the innovative motherboard by positioning in the CD, loading up the windows XP Pro setup screen which works extremely well as usual, then selecting the existing installation of windows XP commencing from the register that is provided and loading the entire the drivers etc. back on.

I have comprised 2 psu's and 2 sets of dram and I encompass tested them the entire. The consideration occurs by means of the intention of the memory controller is on the cpu so by means of the intention of determine to probable be the predicament. I have comprised an previous 3000+ 939 and it was holding back the rest of the organization anyhow so I was inadequate to upgrading (and 939 cpus are fast running without). I was working this cpu @ 2.6ghz (1.8 stock) for a diminutive numeral of months so it is extremely credible by means of the intention of the memory controller has died. I look forward to this helps and I determine to post an to bring up to date when I get my innovative option 165.If you wish for to utilize an additional computer's Windows, do a repair install.

My innovative mother board commencing from MSI at present works additional than I am wondering if the predicament the entire the time was the memory. I have the similar predicament. It's not the memory additional than the bios of the mobo. Essentially this Gigabyte is a terrible purchase. Position it in the trash and the entire the tribulations determine to be solved. No additional Gigabyte endeavor as following eliminate together sticks and clean predicament (the copper area) by means of a white rubber (ya, a rubber for pencils writing) and boot the pc merely by means of 1 stick, if by means of the intention of does not run turn it off the entire in excess of again and endeavor by means of the another one and you desire to get our deficient ram. If by the intention of does not resolve our predicament, the majority to be expected you are ram socket is exhausted up.