Thread: Does the asus p5w DH will support q8400 cpu

Does the asus p5w DH will support q8400 cpu

My previous dual core does not moderately cut it for muiltitasking, and I not be able to afford to upgrading to a core i5 or 7 setup, and I do not desire to spend $400(nzd) on a 9550 cause I might almost purchase a core i5 subsequent to selling my system, merely the q8400 seems cheap sufficient for me to purchase additional than maintain me happy long sufficient for $240 I determine to immediately overclock the hell out of it till it dies if I be able to run it, cause by the time it dies I determine to be additional than happy by means of what I got out it. By means of any bios, I be familiar by means of the website does not say it does, additional than wondering if anyone’s endeavor it or seen where somebody has endeavor it.

Re: Does the asus p5w DH will support q8400 cpu

Well if it sustains or maintains the Q8300, which it does, then it determine to hold up the Q8400. You necessitate bios 2103 or newer. You determine to necessitate to bring up to date the bios by means of the old cpu first. Immediately do not expect the Q8400 to be overclockable, for the reason by means of the intention of its not. It's extremely strange it says it sustains or maintains Q8300,Q8200 additional than no word regarding Q8400! I guess it supports it additional than you superior ask ASUS as well presently you create certain in addition to contacting Asus to be familiar by means of if it determine to work, you be supposed to in addition read the FAQ. That motherboard is pedestal on a chipset by means of the intention of is premeditated to run at 800 MHz.

I do have comprise the Asus P5W DH Deluxe and today I had inaugurated the most recent BIOS 3002 and I had installed the Q8400. There is no tribulations by at present. It presently functions as it be supposed to. In together, the case and outside of the case have comprised and resulted in the similar thing NO BOOT, NO POST, and NO VIDEO. The humorous thing is these boards encompass been running flawlessly for additional than two years. The entire fans spin and if I shift and test every component in my I7 they the entire work. I be familiar by means of its almost certainly the bios for the boards and I encompass flashed it previous to bring up to date it, am I missing incredible I wanted to be familiar by means of if it was a superior idea to bring up to date my bios (I have a P5W DH Deluxe Asus).

The ASUS P5W 975 is extended out of warranty so to bring up to date the BIOS at your own risk. ASUS determine to not replace it be supposed to a tribulations arise. The board has a creation page on the ASUS hold up or maintain 7site. Go there and give the impression of being at the BIOS versions or description obtainable to observe if several of the 'fixes' or innovative CPU's sustained or maintained by the BIOS version or description apply to your requirements. If not, there is no necessitate to bring up to date the BIOS. I tranquil utilize two similar Intel 965's. One by means of a C2Q 6600 the additional a C2D e6600. Mine is rock constant (I maintain the whole thing stock). Additional than I be familiar by means of this mobo is a superior over clocker, so go for it.

You do not necessitate to bring up to date the BIOS to overclock. You have to endeavor overclocking the system by means of the BIOS by means of the intention of is on the system and observe how it goes. You have comprised and read the manual at present four years presently, you are the entire set for a endeavor. Has the FBI contacted you regarding the illegal software your handing out. I be familiar by means of your IP is at present common knowledge on public discussion. Give the impression of being for by means of the intention of far out the entire ways-fun skip tracer ozzie so perhaps a 3GHz E6600 might stand a possibility for those 1.5yrs. I have comprised and had X1900, E6600 & 2GB DDR2-PC6400 for 2.5 YEARS. The entire ways working with at 3GHz, it's tranquil a fast apparatus.

I in addition meant to declare in my position above by means of the intention of I was working with windows XP 32bit and a BIOS v.2801. The v2801 BIOS would not institute my system by means of windows 7 7600.xxxxx etc. 64bit. It presently kept back rebooting and would not bring the windows program up, so I misrepresented drives on start up to windows Xp, then downloaded and inaugurate ASUS BIOS v2901, which be able to handle mutually 32bit & 64bit O/S's. Then subsequent to I inaugurate v2901 I misrepresented my drives back to my windows 7 64bit and it started right up & operates extremely well. Then I determine to revert back to an additional system build utilizing my windows XP 32bit O/S, my older Intel E6300 chip and this ASUS P5W DH Deluxe.