Thread: How to solve the CHASSIS INTRUDED ERROR in Asus P5B-E motherboard

How to solve the CHASSIS INTRUDED ERROR in Asus P5B-E motherboard

Hey I can’t able to start my computer just because it is giving me error “Chassis Intruded Error” whenever I tried to install the setup of my operating system in my computer. I recently assembled my first computer by own but I know how to boot the hard drive in order to load operating system in my computer and when i started it up for the first occasion it gives me "CHASSIS INTRUDED....SYSTEM HAULTED” so my whole system freezes like ice and so I need to restart the whole system but that too on success for this error. Now the whole thing on the computer is looking fine and the case is all closed and except that error which is irritating me and there is no way to disable this. I setup an Asus P5B-E motherboard in my computer I heard lot off chassis error for Asus. So this is also an Asus P5B-E cause for this error. Please let me know about this error and how to resolve it.

Re: How to solve the CHASSIS INTRUDED ERROR in Asus P5B-E motherboard

Yeah I also lot of chassis error in Asus motherboard. But not for all motherboards of Asus, Some motherboards require the header to be skip for it to work there properly. I don’t think so that there is setting in the Bios for the Chassis Intrusion. Here is the procedure generally we perform, Get a jumper there may be an additional one somewhere in your cabinet including a previous hard drive or go to the store and choose one up. Place the header for chassis intrusion and place the jumper on it. Verify your manual for the position of the header or come across at the headers on the motherboard typically makers of motherboards condense the labels beneath or near them. Like i said once more there might not be locations in the cmos I have observe that happen many time on asus / abit motherboards.

As you mentioned in the above case i think that you wouldn't be concerned about the chassis intrusion error reason your computer wouldn't turn on. It is working fine except that error as you mentioned. Personally I believe that the chassis intrusion is most likely made for a big business or school surroundings where citizens might strive to steal or exchange components such as a RAM stick or a large size HDD. Normally in those setting the BIOS would also be locked down so you shouldn't be capable to go around the error if not you clear CMOS while you're at it. The computer would even at the 512Mb of RAM instead of 1Gb Ram in your computer

My friend also has chassis intrusion error in the system few days ago. So he called me up to check out what the problem even I also seeing this for the first time. So we attempted everything removing the case and again attaching to it then remove the Ram wiping it and again inserting it but no success for us, so we cleared CMOS every time whenever computer starts, but whenever I shut down my computer and restart it again the problem was back. So at last we decided to update the BIOS, but this was fault. We have ASUS P5Q Deluxe motherboard and the solution for us was, that I need to update my BIOS, but no on latest version, but on older edition - (P5Q Deluxe BIOS 2201) work out for us. Just try to update your BIOS on older edition. It may help you out.