Thread: Is it possible to build ASUS P5KPL-CM Motherboard in Micro ATX

Is it possible to build ASUS P5KPL-CM Motherboard in Micro ATX

I am presently assembling into a new system, and am fascinated by the Antec Mini P180 cabinet. I have no requirement for the entire thing the additional PCI slots that a usual ATX form motherboard provides. So I have chosen to go with Micro ATX, and I fascinated with this case. I have been searching at motherboards. Asus lately launched the P5KPL-CM for the Intel LGA775 slot processors. As far as the specifications are concerned, this motherboard meets and goes beyond my expectations. Can 1600/1333MHz FSB support in this Micro ATX! But frequently looks can be misleading. I looked high as well as low on forums here as well as search in Google, and establish nil customer reviews. Speculating that if someone has had a opportunity to assemble a system with this motherboard in this micro ATX and what are your opinions about please let me know.

Re: Is it possible to build ASUS P5KPL-CM Motherboard in Micro ATX

I bought the motherboard, wasn't impressed at all, in reality was pissed off, I kept getting a blue display when inadequate to install operating system properly, overheating at Southbridge chipset & CPU, only got it going after with an additional computer (Gigabyte) to install operating system onto Hard disk then afterwards transferring Hard disk back to Asus motherboard, yet got leggy game play (guess all that fancy talk on the motherboard box was jus eye candy. Also came across the same problem when a friend of mine purchased the identical thing, it was then I was convinced that this motherboard was a tear off! 2 motherboard brands I trust from exp are FOXCON as well as the GIGABYTE, (Gigabyte is best, particularly for gaming & graphic designing) I'm a severe gamer so PC performance is of highest disquiet, take my recommendation and do not purchase the Asus, expend a bit more on a bit better.

This Motherboard runs cool and very well as a performance is concern, and is speedy in copying as well as troubleshooting. It also supports DDR2 dual channel of RAM in the motherboard. if you’re getting leggy gameplay then your CPU is crap as far as my observation. if it’s still leggy, with as a minimum 2GB DDR2 and a decent dual core processer, then you assemble your system mistaken. I m running that motherboard right now in my home, it cost also was cheap, and it’s huge to have such a nice motherboard. And if you’re a "serious Game" don’t purchase such an expensive board.

I just bought the Asus P5KPL-CM Motherboard and it has been nothing but a nightmare trying to get windows XP pro to install with it, I've formatted it before trying to install XP but it just keeps rebooting over and over never getting past the XP logo with the blue bar, I managed to get another hardrive from a working computer with xp pro installed to work with this MOBO, but it only worked for about 5 minutes, all the while driver windows popping up all over the place to try and to locate any kind of drivers through windows, as soon as I clicked on something it began to reboot and never made it back to windows, I updated the bios on this board with the latest update from asus as well as someone suggested, didn't help, cannot for the life of me figure out what the problem is I tried to install XP with SP2 integrated as many other forums suggested, that didn't work either, I've tried every setting in the bios, I must have spent 3 days straight day in and day out trying everything to no avail, one poster suggest disabling the PCI-E setting before installing, tried that too, no go..I'm about to give up, don't know what else to try... if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts would love to hear.