Thread: Hybrid Crossfire X question for the Asus M3A78-T motherboard

Hybrid Crossfire X question for the Asus M3A78-T motherboard

What is the best configuration for using the ASUS M3A78-T? I am not able to figure out which graphics cards maintain the Hybrid Crossfire technology. Initially, I had selected the Radeon HD 3870, but is that even well-suited? It says Crossfire prepared, but I figure that means you be able to utilize crossfire with another separate video card. But does that as well mean it works with the GPU previously on the motherboard as well? Please assist me, I am just learning as well as I am so confused. Maybe I am supposed to obtain a completely different motherboard. Thank you

Re: Hybrid Crossfire X question for the Asus M3A78-T motherboard

Hybrid CrossFireX is the equal to nVidia’s GeForce Boost knowledge. It is targeted to low-end systems along with on-board video motherboards. While you install a “real” video card well-suited by means of this technology, the system sets the video card as well as the on-board video to effort in parallel in CrossFire mode, rising gaming concert.Like it occurs with nVidia’s counterpart, you require to have a motherboard along with a well-suited chipset and as well a video card that supports this technology in order to utilize it. This technology simply works in Windows Vista.

I get it hard to consider that I am not able to locate a review on the web that matches the 790FX chip among the 790GX chip in a complete crossfire setup. The 790 GX chip simply sustain 1 card in full ePCI x 16 mode. The 790FX chip supports dual as well as triple x 16 in crossfire set ups though the 790GX simply supports x8 in dual. How vital think is it for 2 cards running in a crossfire setup to be running at x16 vs x8 modes.

ATI Crossfire was introducing in 2005. When it was first establish, the two video cards were connect by an outside cable. One of the cards was a master card that prohibited both cards. As technology superior, the require for a master card was uninvolved as well as software was utilized to attach the two cards in unison. A ribbon type connector is still necessary for connecting cards in Crossfire mode. The entire connections are at this time made within the case. CrossfireX now supports the utilize of up to four cards at the same time.