Thread: Shut down problem with ASUS P6X58D Premium

Shut down problem with ASUS P6X58D Premium

I lately built a custom gaming pc for myself with a ASUS P6X58D Motherboard with CPU of Intel Core i7-850 Bloomfield 2.54GHz , Graphic card of NVIDIA 450GTS 1GB, Hard drive of 1 Tera Byte, Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 RAM
    I got the whole thing up and working it very well for about a week. my computer shut off aimlessly. I thought it was a power absent or something so I twisted it back on to discover that it wouldn't begin. I then checked the PSU which worked very well fans as well as the LED lights came on. This guide to consider that there was something incorrect with my motherboard. I did some more examines by taking out one stick of RAM at a time and attempting to switch it on, but there was no success. I went during a couple extra alternatives and establish that an 8pin join at the apex of the board was my difficulty. The whole thing would turn on like usual without the 8pin associated to the PSU, but no sooner I plugged the 8pin join to my PSU into the opening then PC would not start. So anyone have suggestion for this post?

Re: Shut down problem with ASUS P6X58D Premium

You can separate the difficulty either of your motherboard or your PSU by makes sure the output of the 8xpin +12 VDC (2x4 pin connectors) by working out through a volt meter to observe if you encompass a +12 volt among Yellow as well as the Black wires. If it does not demonstrate +12V in its place then just shutdown the PSU. then that is the PSU "interior Hard Short" predicament then exchange the PSU.
    If the test is fine then there is no "internal hard short" then you can inform you to contain a "tiny on your motherboard +12V female connectors.

More than l also faced similar problem, which you have problem with you motherboard i build a computer as well as with that motherboard and it did not perform that motherboard is remarkable when it workings but it does have a towering breakdown rate. My old computer had that precise problem as well as does your computer make any beeps do you have your case speaker installed? if it doesn’t do anything with everything connected its more than likely your motherboard . so just called the technical support they due to the power failure the motherboard was been crashed and they replace to new motherboard.

I had an identical setback with that Asus motherboard recently. About 5 days into with my newly assemble pc, I ongoing to experience troubles while booting the computer. Occasionally it would boot fine, other times, not anything would occur. I originally unnoticed the issue (thinking it was my RAM that was problematic since after pleasing out what I thinking was a defective piece, it worked very well again) but at day 7, when I attempted to boot the system, it didn't twist on at all. Take out the entire ram but the motherboard didn't build to do beeping noises as it is made previously. I haven't check out what precisely causing this problem.