Thread: Unable to enter BIOS Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6

Unable to enter BIOS Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6

Hi all, I now finished with my first pc construct and it gets on with no problem, though it includes a problem. Every time when I boot my machine then I see a logo screen without any problem but when I press my motherboards BIOS key then it gives the POST screen for about a second and after that a black screen come into view which lists my PCI or IDE controller information. Then under the list it state that Verifying DMI pool data. I really have no hint that what it is. I am not very good by means of computers so I cannot understand this problem. After a few seconds it shows me windows loads up and I am able to make use of my computer usually with no troubles. Before installing windows 7 64bit that same screen come into view when I try to enter into the BIOS settings. If I try to do that then it tells me something like Disc boot error insert OS disc. Do you have any idea about this and how it can be solved? Thank you in advance for reading and replying to this problem.

Re: Unable to enter BIOS Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6

I think that you are getting the PCI/DMI screen that means that you have previously missed the 'BIOS entry' point. You should reboot the system and keep on pressing the Del button while it is loading the operating system into it. Do this till you get into the BIOS. Now go to the "Advanced BIOS Features" page and from there you have to disable the "Full Screen LOGO Show". I don’t know the reason but it will make the entry point easier. Press F10 key and this will save and exit the BIOS.

You can try the steps below and see whether these steps help you or not.
    1. First of all you have to close every opened program.
    2. Now press the Windows key + R and this will open the "Run" tab.
    3. There you have to type msconfig and press enter.
    4. This will open the System Configuration Utility. Select the Safe Boot from it. Confirm that the box for "Minimal" is checked and press enter.
    5. Then it will ask you to restart the computer. Click on restart button. This will boot the computer in safe mode.
    6. You have to perform troubleshooting in safe mode.
    7. After completing troubleshooting in safe mode, you have to replicate the early steps for unchecking the "Safe boot".
    8. Close all the opened programs and reboot the computer.

I think that the BIOS in your case is corrupted and that is why you are facing the problems like this. So my suggestion to you is to update the BIOS. Search ;on the internet and see for the latest BIOS for your model. Install that to your system. It can solve the problem that you are facing. I am saying this to you because I have seen many of the cases like this where updating the BIOS solves the problem. I hope that this will do the same for you.