Thread: ASRock P55 Extreme On Board USB not working

ASRock P55 Extreme On Board USB not working

I have just built this desktop machine before some time and I have noticed some issues on this machine regarding the usb ports. It seems like such problem occurs when my dual band wireless N USB and iPhone. Now the problem is either of them works. Either iphone will work or modem. Can you guys tell me why I am not able to use both of these USB ports? I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) on this machine.

Re: ASRock P55 Extreme On Board USB not working

This document provides installation instructions for the available options to update your computer to the latest BIOS version.
    1. To determine on which BIOS version you have, check the BIOS version string:
    2. Go during boot setup using the F2 key in the BIOS.
    3. Look in the main menu.
    4. The third section of the BIOS version (a four-digit number), the current BIOS version.
    5. Press the Esc key to exit the BIOS setup.

There could be some problem with the usb drivers installed on your machine which might not allow you to use multiple usb devices on your machine at the same time. I suggest you to update the same drivers for your windows 7 operating system and then check that it works or not. If it would be really an usb issue then it must be working this time after updating the drivers.

I don't have any idea that where would be the problem due to which you are not able to use the two usb ports at the same time but I have one idea by which you would be able to use multiple usb devices from the single usb port. I have bought a usb dongle which seems to be useful for you. This dongle lets me connect four usb devices at the same time. This dongle you have to connect to the working usb port and then on the other side it has four usb ports where you have to connect the devices.